To borrow from Mrs. Z, Can someone tell me who this child is that is living in my home? Boy oh boy has Judah been the moody little one -- happy normal self to insta-crank in a split second. Lack of sleep? Still not 100% better from last week's virus? Teething? New level of expressive sinful will? ALL of the above? :-P No worries. He's still cute as ever when he's not Grumpy Gus.
Note to Self: Choose proper reading material when going for a gestational diabetes blood test. You're hungry. You have to drink the sweetest "soda" ever. You have to sit for an hour with quite the interesting group of other patients. You're pregnant which means more emotional as well. It's a Thursday, your most emotional day. So what did I take to read? Mm hmm. Yeah. I took Let's Roll which I've been working on reading for a while. And I happened to get to the "Inside the Nightmare" chapters where Lisa describes all that happened the week of 9/11 from her perspective as well as a few other key players. Hey, I look at it as having had a great opportunity to learn to control my tears in public. Not one fell. But at least I would have had a good excuse had someone noticed I was all choked up -- who can hear personal accounts of 9/11 without being touched to the core since ALL of us were affected by it? Such a good book...
And can I say that I might just trade a top floor apartment for a bottom one JUST to avoid the cooking smell that usually rises from the depths of the Indian couple's kitchen below us? Today's menu must include fish. And the smell of their cooking usually permeates almost our whole apartment. Forget opening a window -- that just lets more in. .......I'm SOOOOO glad that I'm not one of the really sick preggies out there. I would never survive a pregnancy living above these people. They are very sweet and friendly, don't get me wrong. But me and these Indian food smells? Nuh-uh.
Nap time!

5 comments:
Great post :) It is a good book. When will you get the results of the test? Did you try a little extra with Judah's meals yesterday? Grasping at straws to try and help you figure out what is going on :)
"I'm SOOOOO glad that I'm not one of the really sick preggies out there."
One word: GUATEMALA
;)
Oh my gooodness! Someone else who understands my pain! What is the deal with the Indian food seeping up from down below and permeating EVERYTHING! I can even smell it when I turn on the hot water. And, for some reason it stays in our closet, so late at night, before bed, when I open up my closet I get bombarded with that nasty smell. It wories me for when I am pregnant how I will react. It makes me sick when I am normal. Oh, and you can't forget the intense insence that greets one early in the morning too.
Sometimes our lives are just a little too parallel....
Alicia
Dr. G should receive the results in 3 days max...I think he will contact me if I have to do the longer one?
I gave Judah more food today...I was surprised at how much he ate. At lunch he ate a whole piece of turkey, a whole string cheese, and some Gerber veggie crackers! I also discovered that he knows the word "hungry" now because I asked him several times if he was hungry and he immediately did the "eat" sign. Still cranky most of the time though.
To Tracie's reminder: ugh. ::indigestion flares::
Leesh, SO glad someone understands ME! I'm grateful ours doesn't seem to be quite as bad as yours...at least our Indians are Catholic and don't do incense. :-P
Dawn, check out my blog today!!!
thecorcorans.wordpress.com
~Beth
Post a Comment