The other day, I was sitting out on the balcony with Judah. He loves to be outside...and who wouldn't, it's gorgeous here! He was getting kind of bored just sitting in my lap; and since I didn't want to put him down on the bare concrete surrounded by metal railing, I decided to test his brain. We haven't religiously taught him eyes, nose, mouth, etc., but one of his Baby Einsteins that we occasionally let him watch teaches it. So I just asked him, "Where are your eyes?" And he pointed to my eyes...without prompting. "Where is my nose?" And he pointed to my nose. "Where is my mouth?" And he pointed to my mouth! Ok, at this point, I'm shocked beyond belief. Since WHEN has my child known and understood all of this??? So I thought, why not go out on a limb here? "Where are you teeth?" He totally made a chewing motion with his teeth!!! They don't teach teeth on the video. "Where is your belly button??" He put his hand on his belly. Yeah yeah, roll your eyes at me for being a proud mother. But in all honesty, we had NO IDEA he knew all of these body parts because we don't focus on them all the time. Proof that kids are learning even when they don't seem to be.
But that wasn't the end of my overwhelming discoveries. After our body parts game, Judah of his own volition PUCKERED AND KISSED me!!! Not just once, but over and over. I'm sure my squeals of delight encouraged him to continue. But they were for real pucker-up and lean in kisses! He's so adorable. He'll randomly blow kisses or just kiss at the air -- sometimes puckering so hard his lips turn into a fish face.
Judah is also warming up to other adults quite well. We went over to a couple's house for dinner on Saturday. By the end of the night, he was reaching out to be held by them. And as we were standing at the door saying goodnight, he leaned towards the lady and she held him. And he fussed when she tried to give him back to Matt! :-P They have a golden retriever that is so sweet and docile. Judah loved to try and touch her tongue. She only barked once and scared him. I actually liked Bell, too. Sweet, docile, and CLEAN. They just had her groomed that day. And they sent us home with extra brownies and chocolates with an extended babysitting/moving help invitation. Such a pleasant, godly couple!
Seriously? I'm done being pregnant for now. And I still got three months to go! :-P My belly just feels so big and uncomfortable towards the evening, like the area between ribs/back/hips just isn't quite big enough for all that baby. I wanna sleep on my stomach again. It's starting to get harder to bend over and pick things up -- including Judah from his crib and clothes from the washer. Painting my toe nails is getting harder already. I feel like my belly is too big looking for only 6 months. I'm tired of struggling to get into our big bed. I miss sleeping next to Matt instead of surrounded by three king sized pillows. I've debated lately: would I rather have the sleep deprivation of a newborn or the discomfort a big belly brings. I'm starting to prefer the former....I think.
The past few days, I have had serious thoughts and daydreams about how lovely it would be to be a young, fit mom of two little boys for a while. A family of four for several years. Not that I'm done having kids, but I really want a break. And I'm sure all you women can agree a break is needed for my body! I mean, this time last year I had a baby not yet 2 months old...and I'm 6 months pregnant already. No break between pregnancy, nursing, pregnancy, and nursing. Matt said he wants to start with the next when Elijah is two. I was thinking five. :-P So somewhere in between there will be good, I guess. Oh yeah, and the whole c-section things? What a relief, honestly. I really think it would be harder to deal with all the discomfort if I knew it was going to end in labor again. Maybe God's way of helping me trust Him for choosing the c-section route for our family? :-) Didn't used to be, but I'm totally down with it now. Just some inner thoughts and where I'm at mentally/emotionally with this pregnancy.
We really get to start our house-hunting and moving details tomorrow! We have all the info that we need to finish the forms we need to fax to get the ball rolling! What an exciting relief! I can't WAIT to get to there and see all the places we've been researching...to find the next home for us, to solidify dates and details. And I found out today our lease expires here on Sept 30...we're moving a few days before that. So no double rent or lease breakage for us at all! God is perfect in His timing, is He not? :-)
Ok, done now.

1 comment:
ALWAYS choose the big belly - just the other day I was telling some friends that are pregnant how extremely exhausting it was to have a little tyke - sometimes it doesn't feel like Zach has come far, but he really has. Having an itty-bitty is terrifying to me! ALWAYS choose the bigger belly!
And have you been doing your yoga? I've been trying to start my pilates (it makes my neck hurt from our car wreck - stupid), and it makes you feel healthy after you've done it. And of course just not eating crap can make you feel healthy too - even though sweet things taste nice.
And yeah, you can see it in kids' eyes that they are just sucking stuff up. When I give Zach a bath I usually tell him what parts I'm washing, or when I'm changing him. They really do learn more than we think!
Ok, now I'm done :)
Post a Comment