Dinner-for-Six Notes:
~When making Macho Nachos for a gathering of 12, you do NOT need 6 bags of tortilla chips. We only went through two and only pawned one other off. So we've got 3 bags of chips to ourselves now. Not that I'm complaining -- we like tortilla chips. But we'll have some for a while now!
~Two pounds of hamburger is enough, not four and a half! So now I've got enough frozen cooked hamburger for two more meals.
~Macho Nachos is GREAT to serve for a crowd, especially when everyone contributes. We only provided the meat, cheese, chips, and dessert. The rest (lettuce, tomato, salsa, sour cream, etc.) was divided among the other 5 couples. And there was PLENTY of food!
~See my pretty Cool Strawberry Cloud? Yeah, I'm gonna try using just strawberry preserves next time instead of fresh strawberry slices. The strawberries were frozen solid (as expected) and didn't thaw quickly. So we all jack-hammered through those parts of our slices. It was still tasty though! Even just layering strawberry ice cream and angel food would be superb! Or any flavor ice cream for that matter...
Welcome home, Joseph! Notes:
~My heart swelled with pride when I saw Joseph walk into church yesterday with his family. I feel like he's "my Marine" because of how close we are to the Chews and how much Diane has shared his life with us while he has been deployed. Praise God he is safe at home...I saw just one picture of many close-calls he had. God has a reason for him to be alive!
~Lots of people showed up! It was wonderful! Food was bountiful and I had SO MUCH FUN putting the buffet together! I've never gotten to do something as large as this with all my Simple Additions dishes. The white dishes looked awesome withe red and blue tablecloth and paper goods. It was so fun to make the sandwich tower -- 3 tiers built out of Simple Additions with bread, meat, and cheese. It looked great! And Diane found little toothpicks with paper American flags on the tips, so I stuck those sproadically all over the food. I hope I can get ahold of a picture!
~My friend Kim is pregnant! Woo hoo!
Judah Update:
He's better! No more rash or anything. I think the residual occasional crankiness today was just the typical Post-Sunday blues. I'm glad to be getting my happy Judah back! I did get a (blurry) picture of the rash on his face. It got worse than this, but you get the idea. :-P It was sad to see!
Matt Update:
Still a workin' guy. Excited about Spiderman III next week, as am I! I hope we can find a babysitter...I want to take him for his birthday! And if none of you caught his "Aha! A Zap Rejoins Earl" post, that was totally a hint at Elijah's name...it's a scramble of Elijah Aaron Esparza. So if any of you were keen enough, the name game would have ended almost as soon as it started! ;-)
Me Update:
Feeeeet hurt. But, the weekend was worth it! I'm supposed to go sometime this week for the gestational diabetes testing. I hope it goes well. Last time I ended up having to do the three hour test because I didn't pass the first one. And last pregnancy I was MUCH better about diet and exercise. :- We'll see what happens. I feel like my belly is bigger than it should be for 5 1/2 months. But as Autumn always says, every pregnancy is different for every woman. I just don't like that I'm already having those days where I feel my belly couldn't possibly get any bigger. I had those alot with Judah -- but by God's grand design of the human body, it can get bigger and it will. Oh, and pretty sure I'm gonna end up with an outie this pregnancy. That's saying ALOT considering my belly button has aways been deep and cavernous. I defied the books when I never got an outie with Judah -- everyone I've read/talked to says it's inevitable. Well, this time around I guess it is.
I go to relax and read beside my homeworkin' hubby. Have a good night, all!

6 comments:
I am soooo glad that all went well with your parties! How awesome to have Joseph back. We get email updates from our friends, Kyle and Seth. Their pictures and stories from Iraq and Afghanistan are incredible. Kyle said, "Don't believe what you hear from CNN!"
An outie, huh? Have fun with that one. :-P The thought of having my skin stretched that far makes me itch.
Have a good day!
Ok...I apologize for all the typos. Guess I wasn't on full brain power -- anyone notice that I combined "with" and "the" into "withe"? :-P
And my belly DOES itch, Jaclyn!
Those desserts are so pretty, I like the platter too. What are "simple additions"?
Glad you had a fun weekend. Itching, Outing Belly doesn't sound too fun, though. :)
maybe a dumb question but are you putting lotion on your belly? It might help the itching. The humidity is so low out there I would think your skin might be dry in addition to stretching. I didn't even see the typos :)
Judah's poor face...still cute though.
The cake is beautiful. I obviously misunderstood about the whole frozen strawberry deal. I wonder if using the "all fruit" spread would work better than preserves. I'm thinking they would still be sweet but not with any added sugar. Your cake looks alot better than mine did before it was frosted. You should post pics of both on Savary Sensations :) show people that you didn't learn you great culinary skill from your mother :D
Not a dumb question...I often FORGET to that lotion on the belly makes it not itch. Thanks for the reminder!
Simple Additions are Pampered Chef's dinnerware/entertaining pieces. They are all white and square in shape with varying sizes of bowls, plates, platters, etc. I love them!
Hey Dawn,
When I went for the diabetes test, I drank the stuff and out to the waiting room I went. I was a little worried about it because I was really sick for most of my pregnancy... and sure enough, I was pretty sure I was going to lose that stuff all over the waiting room floor (and in front of all those waiting people). They got me in a room pretty quick so I could lay down. With basin in hand I waited out the rest of that 30 (or whatever) minutes. Just think... I could have had to drink it again and wait longer. :)
I hope yours goes well!
Post a Comment