In my "Four" post a while back, I had a category describing four trivial goals. One was to finish the Noah's Ark quilt I started as soon as we found out I was pregnant with Judah. When I pulled it out to finally finish the last stitches on the binding (the last part on a quilt for those non-quilters), I realized I had not touched it except to move it out of my way since our drive to move out here! That's bad. But, I finished it in less than two hours total. I waited 2 years to finish a quilt that had less than 2 hours to go. Sheesh. But it's done now, and Judah likes it!
Unlike Tracie who pulled an "I'm pregnant" April Fool's joke on her Xanga (a good heart-stopping one), Matt pulled a good one on me. I've been having trouble sleeping due to my growing aches, pains, and belly. So Sunday night I was going to take a warm bath and then Matt was going to give me a back massage before I fell asleep. As I was getting up from the couch to start my bath, he hopped up and enthusiastically said he would draw my bath for me. I was shocked! Not only has he never offered to do this, but in my own perfectionist mind I was thinking "But he doesn't know the exact temperature I like it" and such. I protested a few times, but he apparently really wanted to be romantic and serving. So I gave in. After a few minutes, he came back from our bathroom and said the water was running. I had NOT heard the water start or our pipes knock as they usually do, so I said no he hadn't started the bath yet. He claimed over and over he did. So I "whatever"ed in my head, and walked back to my bath. He drew my bath alright...
Today, Judah and I went to sit on the lawn again. He got more adventurous and pulled on the grass alot. I managed to not let him get any extra fiber for the day. And God answered my prayer against the stinging bugs. If I had thought faster, I would have shown Judah a ladybug that landed on our blanket -- instead I picked it up and put in the grass. Some things you just have to learn as a new mom! Anyway, as we were sitting and I chatted on the phone with my dear friend Lois from church, I saw a flower delivery lady walk up our stairs. Our neighbors are gone for 2 weeks, so I knew the flowers were for us. :-D And who else would send flowers but my Flower Momma? They are gorgeously Easter, complete with a message that "He is risen!!!"
Now if only we had a place to go for lunch on Easter. I'm still not sure what to make for our first Easter dinner alone. It seems wrong to not get together with anyone, but it also seems wrong to go inviting ourselves...we've no idea how others in our church celebrate! Any ideas of what to make for an Easter lunch for 3?
Matt had Mongolian BBQ for the first time last night. Neither of us wanted lemon garlic chicken AT ALL. And Matt was really in the mood for Chinese -- which is too expensive at dinner time. So he ventured out and we went to Great Kahn in the mall. I love M-BBQ, so I'm glad he tried it. I ventured and let him order the Chicken Teriyaki for us to split. I loved it! He loved it! Dinner (with drinks) was only $8. NICE!
Oh my. I just got a little package from mi madre. Bath & Body Works Honeysuckle here I come! I told the UPS guy I wasn't sure who the package was from, but if it was from my mom, I'd already gotten flowers from her today. He said, "Christmas in April!" No kidding! Now maybe I can stop "trying" the perfume...which I did before we left the mall last night... That makes four times I've used it. I'm not sure I can say I'm "testing" it anymore. ;-)

4 comments:
beautiful flowers! I was laughing about your honeysuckle thing. I like the way that stuff smells too, but my current staple is the magnolia blossom body spray.
p.s. Andy has "drawn" baths for me in the same way as Matt did for you :)
I was able to get some white cherry blossom bubble bath for $5 and then I got some magnolia blossom lotion for free. I love the stuff! Reminds me of home...and maybe you? When did you start wearing the magnolia?
Our husbands are silly.
Dawn - your quilt is super awesome. Keepsake things like that are fun to make. Great job!
I love those flowers!
We don't have Easter plans either, what's with CA? Maybe we can come over to your place after church? ;)
Post a Comment