~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, not having cable means we haven't been able to get local news/weather. Kinda weird to not know what the weather is supposed to be, but it was nice to wake up to rain this morning. Haven't had it in a while. But it puts me in a talkative, posty mood. So watch out! ;-)
Brenda sent some Christmas pictures from their camera. Talk about fun to walk through memory lane! They snapped some good ones, too! It's hard to believe we first started introducing table foods to Judah in Eville -- it seems like forever ago! He also learned how to crawl up stairs. Autumn and Andy stopped through on their move to LR. The good food, the reconnecting with extended family, the time to rest. Judah's real first crack at opening gifts. The QUILT we received from Helen (which is currently on our bed to bring in spring!...can't wait to get a sheet/pillowcases set that will go with it...we're thinking purple). Those are the highlights I remember at the moment! Enjoy the pics...








My growin'-up, beautiful sister-in-law!

This morning, I was doing my regular kitchen routine and noticed Judah was being VERY quiet. This hasn't been too much of a problem as of late because he is usually playing with a toy. But the Instinct told me to go peek in on him. Tell me, how on earth did he do this? No blankets were disturbed on the changing table, and I always thought his head was too big to fit in between the furniture. But there he was crouched playing with his thermometer. That thing fascinates him!
The other day, I made a card for Alicia's birthday (tomorrow!) and let Judah color with some pencils for the first time. He got the hang of it...but then threw a temper when I tried to stop him from chewing on the pencils. This is new -- the temper thing. Woah. As the brain intelligence increases by leaps and bounds right now, so does the ability to express the sinful will. It's SHOCKING to see your sweet "innocent" baby purposefully look at you angrily and yell at you because you told him no or took something away. And yet how many times do we do that to our Father? But, all in all, it's fun to have a "first drawing" picture...and a lessened temper due to mostly consistent discipline and patience!

Last night, I found out that Bible study is going to continue through the summer! Woo hoo!!! This excites me 1) Because it is good accountability to spend time with the Lord on a more consistent basis, 2) It allows me one night out a week to spend with other women. We're going to decide what book to do next at next week's study (which would have been our last week). I jokingly said Romans...then Norma said that's what she and Nancy had discussed. :-P I'm gonna go with another lady and suggest 1 & 2 Peter. We started studying that with the Chews when they still lived in Salinas, and it was wonderful!
That leads me to ask for prayer for Kristen. She is a lady that attends the study and is a couple weeks behind me in pregnancy. She found out a few weeks ago that their baby has some birth defects and is not expected to live past birth. Being in tune with pregnancy myself and all the emotions, fears, and joys that come with it, I have felt a burden to pray for and think of Kristen often -- especially putting myself in her place to try and understand all she must be going through. Matt told me last night maybe I shouldn't do that, but I really think it helps me pray for her better and more deeply. I got her prayer card (again) last night and this is what she asks for: "Pray for strength, wisdom, and mercy as we prepare for Samuel's arrival in a few months. Pray that God would use this for His glory." Please pray with me for this and also for God to work a healing miracle if He sees fit.
The lily in the Easter bouquet from the E-side of the family exploded. It's seriously the biggest one I've ever seen!
And last but CERTAINLY not least! Today is exciting because Kohls opens in Salinas -- and apparently it's one of the newly designed ones. I'll let you know how classy it really is after we visit tonight! But that's not what is most exciting...
Friday morning is less than 48 hours away! Pray Baby cooperates! And we MIGHT actually have a boy's name (just not a middle name yet). Get your blog-checking and name-guessing gears ready if you want that Sbux card!
~~~ADDED CONTENT SINCE FIRST POSTING~~~
So we went to Kohls grand opening here in Salinas to return a place setting we were trying out and look around for a new one. They really don't get new designs as often as they should. I mentioned in this post that we have been thinking about starting to look for purple sheets. We've been thinking about a dark purple set to match both our quilt (that his grandmother made...AWESOME) and comforter. The quilt is all different colored squares, very playful and vibrant. The comforter is a romantic Morrocan design...polar opposites. But dark purple goes with both. So, Matt saw a dark purple king sheet set including pillowcases for $100. But since it's Grand Opening, they were on sale for $50. But we had a gift card for living in the area. But we had a coupon for 15% off. But since it's Grand Opening, you can scratch a card to receive an additional percentage off (if you have a Kohls card). So we got a KING SIZED sheet set with pillowcases, 400 thread count, for TWENTY-SEVEN BUCKS! Talk about a blessing that God chose to give when we hadn't even asked it of Him! Wow!!!!
We had a fun family photo shoot tonight. The first pic is an example of Judah's odd habit of laying all over me if I'm on the floor. Usually, though, he is sucking his thumb and his favorite spot is my belly. He doesn't do it to Matt, just me. And we're not sure why!

11 comments:
A birthday card for MEEE!?!?! I am so excited! Looks like you have a budding artist on your hands. It amazes me when people say that babies are born with a "clean slate" and they learn how to be sinful from those around them. No, I am pretty sure that you didn't teach him to throw temper tantrums. I guess those people have never done nursery duty and seen those innocent little ones being bad. Either way, it is a great example of how much we all need the Savior's love and heart (even the really really cute ones!)
I am so mad at myself because the other day I was in the car and came up with the perfect name for your baby girl:), and I knew that if I didn't write it down I would forget...and I did! I cannot remember that name for the life of me. But I really love Starbucks, so here is a stab in the dark:
Kayla Marie Esparza (Kayla is biblical too). Hope I am close to what you think would be an acceptable name. Okay, so now that I guessed, can you tell me what names you are really thinking of!?
No, we'll be giving clues for what name we have chosen...so no stabs in the dark are needed. We've had a girl's name for a while -- and Kayla would NEVER be on our list, trust me.
Man, I hope I didn't ruin the surprise card. :-P I thought you would have gotten it by now!
oh, so much to comment on...it is amazing how orange Judah's nose was, gotta love those orange veggies :) great pics of the two sides of the fam. love the pic of Judah asleep with his thumb in his mouth. The Mamaw/Judah series is great! The pic of the three of you...Dawn you look manic or something, were you cheesing for the camera. Melody has turned into a gorgeous young woman!!! About the Judah between the furniture pics, even is his head could fit between the furniture how did he get past the diaper genie??? He looks very pleased with himself. If you Bible study does Romans, you could go to bclr.org and listen to Lance's sermons...everyone would think you are so smart :D not that you aren't. I will pray for your friend. HELLO, lily!!! it is beautiful. Can't wait till you post about your bargin...everyone will be so envious :) and last but not least. I can't wait to know what that baby is!!!!!! I love you :)
oh, I see, yeah, let's scratch Kayla. Man, I was wondering why Dawn shot that name down so quickly! Haha. Sorry guys.
Thus ends my name suggesting carrer....
Hahaha... laughing about the name Kayla.
I LOVE the last picture of you and Judah!
And I WON'T say a thing about names... can I say what gender I think it is so everyone knows BEFORE you find out? I am going to be so eating my words if I am wrong.
I think I will be more freaked out if I am right. Then I will be right about both of your children. That would SERIOUSLY make me an old maid, wouldn't it? Now I just need to work at my matchmaking skills...
OK- YAY YAY YAY! I got the go ahead from the mommy that I can tell you ALL what gender I think Baby E2 is! Ready...
A BOY!
Now, when they find out tomorrow all of you will have proof that I thought this first! Dawn says I am one of the few that thinks it is a boy. If Judah was a girl people would think this baby was a boy and since he was a boy people think this is a girl.
Not me. If she has a girl I will rejoice all the same, but I was right about Judah... even down to his weight! (His mother did not think he would be 8lbs.- HA!)
Anyway... there you have it!
No, Jaclyn, you are not one of the few that thinks it's a boy.
You are the ONLY one.
I can't wait...what time is your appointment tomorrow, I can't remember. ::waiting on pins and needles:: :D
I am the ONLY one??? ::shock::
I thought you said there was someone else.
Oh, man, if it IS a girl then I stand alone. If it is a boy I stand alone... typical of my life. :-P
Ack, now I am extra excited to know baby's gender! And excited to talk with you in about 45 minutes. :-D
hey I would guess boy too.. you're not alone, Jaclyn! :)
Post a Comment