Friday, April 06, 2007

T.G.I.F.

Ever have one of those days where you just feel, oh, forgetful? I've had a few of those this week, today being one of them. Not so bad though. Nothing horrible happened. I'm just glad the week is over.

Today, Judah and I went to Monterey with Matt. While Matt was in class, we had lunch, went to Macy's to check on a pattern (which is officially discontinued), and then walked around the outdoor mall for a while. Judah thoroughly enjoyed a store called Thinker Toys. They had an old fashioned wooden kitchenette complete with food and cooking utensils and also a wooden train set. I started him out at the kitchenette, then took him to play with the train. Some brat-boy who was probably around 7 kept ramming his train car into Judah's and nearly stepped in front of Judah so he could continue moving his car around the track. Seven years old. Not just another toddler. I'm pretty sure I knew who this kid's sister was, because she was being a brat to another kid, too. Diane called to talk about organizing Joseph's coming home party while Judah was at the train. And he took it upon himself to crawl back to the kitchenette. He LOVED that thing! His momma's pride and joy. You know I won't have any children living in my home that will not know how to cook. :-D

Speaking of Diane and her son Joseph, he is now safely in Kuwait awaiting his flight to Hawaii. The Chews leave Sunday to meet him there, though Joseph probably will not get there until mid-week next week. So exciting! Joseph will get to CA around April 20th. Oh, I need to call Diane back with my ideas! Thanks for reminding me, Blogger!

So, I've been in contact with the pastor's wife of the church we hope will be our Family in MD. She's helped us out greatly in suggestions of apartments to look for in what cities. We MAY have already found our next home! It's perfect from what we see and hear. We really wanted to have separate space for the "office," but knew that three bedrooms are pricy. What we found has a 2-bedroom model with an extra sunroom! The room sizes are VERY comprable to what we have now, if not a teeny bigger (the kids' room would be 2 sq' bigger). So we already know all of our furniture would fit. W/D in unit, walk-in closets, hardwoods in kitchen/front door, microwave, dishwasher...just perfect. I think our biggest debate is which floor we would prefer. Bugs and flooding on bottom, noise from above and below if on the 2nd floor, and severe storm damage if on the third floor (not to mention all the stairs with two little ones). I think we lean towards the bottom -- Matt's big pull there is not having to move our furniture up and down stairs again. A huge pro to being on the 1st floor. Anyway, I could go on and on, but here's the link for those who are interested in checking out where our next life may dwell...

Alright, whoever read my blog and passed the Easter lunch info down the GBC grapevine...I hope I didn't seem pity-partyish. :-P But thank you for taking it upon yourself to spread the word. We now have a place to go -- and apparently it will be quite the gathering for people who don't have family around here. I'm excited! It should be fun! Speaking of...I need to call Janet to ask her something. Thanks again, Blogger.

I made a new recipe last night. Some of you may know that I have recently crossed over into the BBQ world because I love my husband and want to like what he likes. We've worked on creating a good basic BBQ sauce I can make at home with on-hand stuff. Mission accomplished! So I found a recipe for chicken tenders on Allrecipes.com and made it last night with my sauce and some fries. I know the response I got from the lumpia was not one of crazed excitement, but you've GOT to try this recipe. It - is - amazing! Several of the reviewers on Allrecipes said they were either the same or better than restaurant quality...they ain't kiddin'! TRY IT

Lastly, Judah loves his Tigger outfit from Mamaw and Pappy. He's really getting into knowing he has something on his shirt. He loves to get in his drawers and pull clothes out. He half-way helps us get him dressed! It's nice to hold up a sock and he puts his foot out or hold up his jacket and he puts his arm out. And beyond that, he can say door now and points to the keys if he knows we are going to leave. When Matt is gathering his stuff in the morning, Judah starts going crazy and wants to be held. He opens the front door, and as Matt is giving us kisses, Judah will push on his chest, firmly point outside, and wave vigorously. It's hilarious! ::sigh:: Isn't he just a cute little boy?

2 comments:

Kathie said...

he is adorable :) what a fun newsy post. I'm so glad that the Family there stepped up to the plate and you have somewhere to go for dinner on Sunday. I think it was good/wise of you to make your need/want known, even on you blog not knowing anyone from church would read it. Now you will be blessed and so will the person who invited you :) I do wish you could be here though...maybe next year. I'm looking forward to family Easter pictures.

Anonymous said...

No problem, Dawn. It wasn't pitty-partyish at all. Just a need that I knew someone could meet! :) God orchestrated all the details - but He is so good how He does care for all those details of our lives!!!
I'm counting down the days 'till your ultrasounds . . . coming up quickly!!!!!
See you Sunday, Friend!!

Powered By Blogger