Monday, April 16, 2007

Third Clue: Humans

Both names are the names of human beings as opposed to spiritual beings, places, etc. And no, this is not a dumb clue. Our girl name was Eden Marie. We like unique names, so the fact that we tell you the names are human beings does, in fact, narrow it down...at least a little. ;-)

Remember, only one guess per person per day. If you realize you have been told the name by either Matt or I previously, you may not guess. We will only reveal the correct name when someone has guessed both names in the correct order. Who said earning $10 Sbux was going to be a cheap cup of coffee?

Judah's going through phase 2 of walking! He's walked more today than his whole life. He walked about 5 feet down the hallway to me and once he went from coffee table to chair without hesitation. He also stands alot more now! Doesn't he look so adorable in his Daddy's shirt? Every picture I took of him today, I realized how much of a little boy he is now rather than a baby. Bittersweet, but not for long since I always remember I've got another one inside me!





Yesterday, his lip accidentally got pinched with his car seat strap. It has been a small red area since. I gave him some new Gerber cheese crackers today. Bad idea. First of all, the cheese powder mixed with his saliva and created a nice coating to make him rash up with redness and bumps. Then, I guess the powder must have gotten inside a small cut where he was pinched because it swelled up pretty badly! Poor kiddo! Notice the swollen left side and rashiness? I think his facial expression in the second pic is hilarious. Reminds me of Veggie Tales for some reason.



We let Judah try asparagus, pineapple, and red grapes for the first time tonight. He loved them all...and his eyes LIT UP in wonderment and delight with the pineapple!

And since I rarely talk about how Matt and I are doing -- Matt is really plugging away at his thesis. He's got approx. 35 pages written and is getting somewhere with his experimentation. Keep praying with us that he can finish before the end of July when Esp2 comes along. I'm doing ok save for the joint/lower back pain that has arrived. I think someone must have been praying for me today...the more the day wore on, the more ease I felt in my back which is the opposite of how it usually is. Pray I can either keep the pain under control or that it lessens/goes away. I can't see how the next three months would work well in the housekeeping/mothering area if I have to limp everywhere and be careful what I do.

We've chosen the monkey as Esp2's animal. It's to keep with the safari theme and is also appropriate because the little guy is SO active and all over the place. I've created a small registry at Target for the few items we'll need. Already, having a boy has saved me some time and effort as opposed to creating a registry for a girl. ;-)

14 comments:

Lola said...

I like this game, especially since I've become addicted to Coffee. So addicted I gave it a capital letter.

Ok, I'm going to try to not guess anyone else's, even though I really like Levi.

Gideon Daniel

Kathie said...

Judah looks very pleased to be wearing his daddy's shirt. Do you realize that if the cheese powder got "into" the little cut on Judah's lip, you have performed an allergy test? Just in my thoughts since I go on Monday to the allergist. Pray for me, no meds. till Monday and the prescription cough syrup is gone :( not that I can take it without the benadryl, which I can't have anyway. Hopefully I'll get to the post office today to send some little gifties :D

Jaclyn said...

Ok, so did I break the rules by "guessing" Edward Eddy Ed? Hehehe... It is so far out there that I hope no one would ever do that to their child. Since I know the name, it is fun to see what people are guessing!

I guess it is not THAT far out there... we had a client at AmFam named Fredrick Fredrick.

Seriously.

Love you all!!!

Autumn said...

Isaac Matthew

Dawn said...

As stated in the italicized rules, the winner will only be recognized once someone has successfully guessed both first and middle name in the right order. So, don't stop yourself from guessing names that have already been guessed. Just focus on the clues we give. You never know when someone may have gotten one name correct and not the other or if someone may have gotten both names but the wrong order.

I promise I'm not implying anything about anyone's guesses. Just making sure you keep your guessing options open or else contestants will run out of names quickly and frustration will set in!

Jason and Jodee said...

Dawn - have you ever thought about going to a chiropractor for your back pain? I went every month during my pregnancy for most of it, then every other week at the end, and I'm absolutely positive it helped with my back and especially my hips. I also did prenatal yoga and would totally recommend that as well. The video is Prenatal Yoga With Shiva Rea, and it's not voo-doo-ey at all. Just a few ideas that might help. Some people are afraid of chiropractors, but they're totally safe when you're a prego.

Alicia said...

I like that 1. you are calling him Esp.2, and 2. that his animal is a monkey, that is cute.

And because you talked about animals in this post:
Noah Matthew

Autumn said...

a. there's no way she'd name him Noah because that's MY son's name!
b. but go ahead and keep guessing Noah because that will increase my odds of winning! :)

Alicia said...

Sigh! Okay, I officially quit! So far I have suggested naming the baby after Matt's old girlfriend AND the baby's cousin! Of course I was also the one who really thought Dawn was having a girl. Good thing I am not trying to become a psychic.
(just kidding about the whole quitting thing,by the way, I like Starbucks waaay too much to quit)

Dawn said...

In Alicia's defense, we hav talked several times about how if we didn't have a nephew or a good friend's son name Noah, we'd seriously consider it. And now, another good friend is about to adopt and if it is a boy, his name will be Noah. Sounds like it's becoming quite popular!

Adam, Erin and Titus said...

Isaiah Michael

the Rehrers said...

The Rehrers were thinking Noah from the beginning due to the hippo in the first clue. Sounds like that is out. We guess Elijah Daniel.

Jason and Jodee said...

Adam Isaiah?

Anonymous said...

Eli James

Powered By Blogger