Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!

I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating our Lord's victory over the grave! Were it not for His death, we could not be forgiven. Were it not for His resurrection, we could not be given eternal life. Jim's message this morning was WONDERFUL! He spoke on the 6 marks of true faith. Look for it soon on Sanctifying Truth, along with an explanation and pictures of the eggs Judah hunted for today.

Lunch was awesome! Lots of people were there, the food was good, and the fellowship sweet. Judah had about a 20 minutes nap before we left for church...and that was it until 4:00 when he slept in the car on the way home. He didn't cry when I left him in nursery, though he still apparently wanted to be held by the guy worker the whole time. He was so sociable with everyone at the potluck lunch -- especially Derek, who is very good with kids. It was a pleasure to be able to relax while someone else played with Judah! Thanks to Gary and Janet for opening their home to all of us! And by the way, her kitchen is TOTALLY the Bahama colors I've been looking for...my kind of gal! She even had the potholders from Target I've had my eye on...

Totally forgot to get a "dressed-up" Easter family photo. So we snapped a casual one. The only difference was that I was wearing khaki pants, Matt was wearing black pants and an awesome black/purple tie, and Judah was wearing kahki pants and an orange sweater vest (as seen in his birthday photos. We got comfy in denim afte church. At least we got a pic at all!

Well, we got another Easter flower blessing yesterday! Flowers are so beautiful and cheery! Thanks to the Esparza parents for the spring explosion that beautifies our mantle! I also took an update photo of one of the roses in the bouquet my mom sent because it's blossomed so spectacularly!

Enjoy these pictures (video to come), and then have a relaxing evening!




5 comments:

The G's said...

I have several things to say about this post....
1. look at all those teeth, Judah!
2. I LOVE his outfit, he looks like such a cool boy
3. I really like your shirt
4. did you get that cute dress you wanted for Easter?

Glad you had a happy day, you guys are a really cute family!
Love,
Alicia

Dawn said...

No, I didn't get the dress. Motherhood never called me back (which doesn't surprise me) and I decided it wasn't a necessity. There are more important things we can do with $30 than get me a new dress.

I love Judah's outfit, too! He's my little prep! ;-)

Thanks for saying we're a cute family -- it makes me grin to hear YOU say that of all people considering the part you playe din our story. I can't wait to see your and Nathaniel's kids...talk about CUTE, esp. if N's curly hair gets passed on!

Jaclyn said...

I love your family pictures. :-)

Thanks so much for chatting today... I do not think I realized how much I missed conversations like those. Deep. Personal. Spiritual. You are truly a blessing far beyond what words can express.

I love you!

Autumn said...

thanks for posting pics so often!

Melody said...

HEHE...He's soo cute...and so old...he looks like such a big boy..I hope I get to see him in September...I miss him dearly! Oh, yeah I miss you guys as well...lol..anyway...he's cute.

Powered By Blogger