Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Inconsequential

I use this title so that you know my brain is not fried from TV. :-) Everyone has their shows. Some people go overboard in their love of them, constantly talking about them to anyone or even searching for spoilers everyday. Some people are semi-hardcore, hating to miss any episode and enjoying conversations about the shows. Then there are those who never talk about their shows because they either don't care enough or don't really watch anything. I'm in the middle category! So, to tickle my fancy, I'm going to post my thoughts about a few of our shows...a truly inconsequential post, but fun anyway!

The Office

Now, when Matt and I first saw previews for this show, we thought it looked really dumb and never watched it. Until Rachel told Matt that he'd love it. So we caught one episode -- and Matt has been hooked ever since. I am amused by it whether Matt believes me or not. Like Autumn, it takes alot to make me laugh outloud and even more to make it a hearty outloud. Office is funny, just different. I enjoy it, and I enjoy seeing how hard Matt laughs at it (because I don't get why it's quite THAT funny...). The season finale was this past week. Here are my thoughts: Why didn't Jim still ask Pam to marry him? Who cares if someone else proposed on the same night. Just propose to Pam quietly (still romantic), and tell her that he had planned to ask her that night all along. And it should be interesting to see how things pan out between Jan and Michael now that Jan decided to have a kid after being so against it. Wait, was that the series finale? I heard rumors of that; and if so, they left alot hanging.

House

The season finale was last night. What a tear jerker!!! It was a second part to last week's episode and just as intense. They truly do have a group of good actors on that show. At one point, I had to tell myself that it wasn't real and there was no one to pray for. :-P I can not imagine making the choice to wake the one I love up to say goodbye. I'm glad Cuddy told Wilson to do it. It gave him and the rest of the group closure with Amber. And then, from Amber's perspective, to wake up and have medical knowledge enough to hear symptoms and immediately know you are about to die....yeesh. They did such good character development with her and good relational development between her and House. I went from hating Amber (like everyone else) to having a soft spot for her. She's tough and agressive but still just like the rest of us when it comes to love and fears. And, as Matt well knows, the thing that gets to me MOST in life is reconciliation. So the whole last scene with Amber and House on the bus was just precious. (Jaclyn, you think I'm retarded talking like this about a TV show, right?) As a side note, I think I really like the former plastic surgeon on the team (older slightly balding guy). He seems to have quite a bit of respectful compassion mixed with professionalism. You see it here and there (e.g. doing a tox screen for House without telling anyone, kissing his hand and touching it to Amber when he was saying goodbye to her).

American Idol

Sorry, Aut. Archie's gonna win. :-P I LOVE the song Cook sang first (and well!), I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For. Cook will be a star alright. My guess is he'll be scooped up quickly by some record company. But Archuleta will win the title. God gave that boy talent, period. A smooth, well controlled voice at 17. Does he recognize where it came from? I hope, if not now, that someday he does. When thinking of American Idol and what it embodies, Archuleta is it. That whole modern, pop-ish stardom thing goin' on. I like the choice he made for his second song (from the songwriting competition). It had a little Josh Groban flavor to it, which is perfect for Archuleta. And while I don't agree with the lyrics of the third song Imagine, he sang it beautifully. Sorry, Aut. For what it's worth, I loved Cook's guitar strap on the last song. And if Cook wins, I'll blame it on Autumn's 50,000 text votes. ;-)

Lost

The season finale is next week. ::sigh:: Matt is at work tonight, so we couldn't watch the AI finale together. He'll be in Europe next week -- so we can't watch the LOST season finale together. That's a big deal. Lost has been "our show" since season 1. We missed the December finale together because he was in NZ/Aus. ::sigh:: So, once again, I'll watch it without him. Are any of my readers who live in my area Losties? I'd love to have someone over for the finale!


And there you have it. A side of me most people don't see because I don't usually spend time talking about TV shows to anyone but Matt, Aut, or Momma. Hope I didn't completely bore those who have no idea what I'm talking about! I just wanted to get it out (and kill time while Matt's at work...)

And just so I don't paint myself as a couch potato...today I cleaned three bathrooms, mega dusted the dining room, did some laundry, vaccumed the dining/living/foyer, worked on cards for Matt's trip, went to Target, made dinner.... :-)

5 comments:

Autumn said...

um, even if you WERE a couch potato you would still be doing the greatest job on earth... raising two darling boys is tough work, even from the couch, hehe.

Alicia said...

so, I am really glad that Jim didn't propose because that would have been really lame to share a proposal moment with Andy and Angela of all people. Yikes. My feeling is that when the season returns (which, of course it will), Jim and Pam will already be engaged because its supposed to be in real time and i think it would be a little too sappy for them to show the proposal on tv. just a guess. and michael's an idiot for choosing to still be part of jan's life, but we knew that already. can't wait for season 5!

Kathie said...

I'm surprised Aut didn't post this...it is her theory. I agree with her. David Cook held back last night (Tuesday) He knows he will have a contract but doesn't want to be strapped with the AI title to possibly hold him back later. If that is the truth I think he was a smart man. Archeletta did do a great job and I too thought the second song had a Josh Groban flavor to it :)

Dawn said...

She DID post it...on her own blog. :-)

Anonymous said...

I wish we could watch Lost together. Paul hates the show. I have to talk to coworkers about the next day. Maybe after the finale Thursday we can chat, or something.

Powered By Blogger