Monday, May 26, 2008

2 Days Down, 32 to Go

And he's off! What you see in the photo is Matt and everything he took on his EuroTravels. That's right. One backpack and a messenger bag. And neither were stuffed at all. The messenger back was quite empty, in my opinion. When you get quick-dry clothes and keep to the basics, you can pack VERY lightly...if you're male. ;-) This is also the shortest I've ever cut/seen his hair. I kinda like it! Saturday and Sunday were full of Wall Street, the stock market, peering in at the Today Show desk (woo hoo!), a visit to the first pizza place in the US, a ferry ride around the Statue of Liberty, and Ground Zero. They weren't able to make it to the Empire State Building, so I suppose SOMETHING will be new to both of us whenever we go for a weekend away. :-) After they finish with this week's desination, I'll list the highlights. Continue to pray for the guys' safety, and for each family to have God's peace and strength during this time away from each other.


Yesterday, the boys and I went to church and then spent the rest of the day with the Zeenders to celebrate Annette's graduation. It was so wonderful to have such distraction and fellowship. Judah had a blast playing -- he loves it over there! This was the first time we have been in the backyard. I had no idea it was so vast! Chris snapped these adorable pictures for us. ::sigh:: I love my boys...and I love that everyone else loves them, too! I pretty much cease to be "momma" when we're over there. :-)


And I confirmed that we found an aunt lurking in our circle of friends. Her name is Emilee. And she gives the boys whatever they want. Before Judah had even had dinner, she asked "Do you want some cake?" What can you do but just appreciate the overflow of love and delight? :-P I remember the first time my oldest nephew Erik asked me for goldfish at 7:30 in the morning (before anyone else was awake). I got up, got him some goldfish, and turned on Pooh for him. Isn't that what any doting aunt would do? Anyway, enjoy the precious pictures of the brothers!

3 comments:

Kathie said...

Wow, I'm the Nini and I wouldn't even do cake before dinner...I would do goldfish at 7:30 am though :D I'm so glad the Lord is providing loving people to surround you, Matt and the boys. He is soo good.

Unknown said...

Hey...what are aunties for? :)Those boys are just too cute! :) All it takes is those big, brown eyes staring right at you and...you're hooked! :)

Dawn said...

Said by one who HAS big brown eyes...and probably has used them many times in her life...

I would know, 'cause I have them too! ;-)

Powered By Blogger