Saturday, May 03, 2008

In the Sick House

Apparently our bodies were hangin' on to health until we had two major life events cease: the apartment and watching Lakota. We handed over the apartment on Tuesday, and our last day to watch Lakota was Thursday. We also took the kids for a check-up on Thursday -- coming out with a clean bill of health save for slight anemia on Elijah's part (he'll be on iron drops for a month).

Friday morning? Judah woke up with a fever and bad cough. I woke up with major sinus/head issues. Matt stayed home from work (thank you, Love!) to care for us. Elijah's yucky nose, we're assuming, is because of his teething. He's got a tip of one top tooth through, and the other is about to make it's debut.

Today, my head hurt so bad this morning that the cartilage part of my ears hurt. Weird (and painful). God bless Matt for being such a wonderful caretaker of family and home while the wife is down. Judah woke up with a fever again, and a gross cough. Last night was a hard night for him. While giving Elijah his lunch bottle, I noticed that Judah's breathing wasn't quite right. So after a quick consult call with my mom and another to our doctor, we took him to see Dr. L who "happened" to still be in the office (on a Saturday, thank you, Lord). Sure enough, Judah was wheezing and that silly right ear was turning red and trying to get infected. So he's now on an asthma med and antibiotic for this week. The asthma med makes him hyper. Oh my word, is it funny. I'm thankful he's a fun hyper and not obnoxious or disobedeint. The funniest thing he did this afternoon was go out in the hallway and turn in circles for a while chanting "Chocolate...chocolate...chocolate." Can we say random???

So pray for this sick house. Pray for Matt to be protected from all of this -- we need someone to be well to care for the rest of us and he has to work. Pray that Judah and I will heal quickly, whether it be colds/allergies/whatever. Pray that Elijah's issue will remain just teething and not compound itself. I don't want anymore hospital stays in our near future -- we're still clearing up insurance stuff from the last one! :-P

Here's a little travel blank I made for a baby shower this past week. It's the first crochet thing I've made by following any instructions (for the most part). ;-)



And we got to do something fun amidst this hardship -- get new phones! It was time for us to "upgrade" because our plan expired, yadda yadda. So we invested in phones we plan to keep for a while (and not let our kids play with). This is what mine looks like, and Matt's is the exact same in black with orange accents. It is SO cool to have the same phones but different colors. No more putting a sticker on the back of mine so we can easily tell them apart. :-P And mine would be a great lip gloss or polish color. Woo, ok, vergin' on bein' too publicly girly here... If you call me and I don't answer right away, it's probably because I'm listening to my ringtone. :-) We can do bluetooth file transfer, so we clipped out a little piece of "Here Comes the Sun" by the London Symphony Orchestra. I think it is so me, and it is so peaceful and happy to listen to.



And here are some fun pics/video. G'night!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

So, before I was a mom (you know, about two weeks ago), I had heard that sickness spread through the house and that you get sick from your kids, but thought my super-human immune system could take that one on. Yeah, they haven't been with us for more than 10 days and already I caught S's cold -- the one she got here, and now D has it, and he feels a little warm. We're all going down fast. At least it's just the sniffles.

Sorry you guys are sickies. I hope things clear up fast and that you can stay away from anything that resembles a hospital.

Kathie said...

I know I was on the phone with you when I looked at the pics but just had to say again how great the pic of Matt and Judah is. Judah looks so mischeivous...so cute. The video of 'Lij cracks me up. Oh how I miss you all and wish I could be there, especially since you all (save Matt) are sick or teething. We are praying for you and for Matt to stay well.

Lola said...

My daddy and bro have that phone. I, unfortunately, will soon have to get a blackberry...

Powered By Blogger