Thursday, May 22, 2008

I Concede + Judah

AI

Congratulations, Aut. ;-) It was either a happy ending or a happy shocking ending. The latter unfolded...and I hope they both come out with great CDs!

More Judah Translations:

pee-kuk: hic-up
kooz me: excuse me
mih-nihn: Christmas
uh sauce: apple sauce
a-da-da: enchilada
bye-nihn: vitamin
cuh-wer: color

Judah Songs:

The other day, I randomly started singing a version of the ABC's for the boys after lunch. Before I could say P, Judah said it! I was so shocked that I didn't keep singing -- and Judah said "kuh-arh-es." More shock and silence! "tee-oo-vee" WHAT?? I said W, X..."Y, Zeeee" I'm sorry, where did he learn that so quickly?

On a different day, I was making lunch and Judah was sitting on the kitchen floor. I started singing "The Lord's Army" for him. When I got to the "yes, sir!" part, he said it before I did! So I kept going and paused every time for him to say "yes, sir!" It was too cute...I think he probably learned that one in nursery.

He's also starting to enjoy "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and requests it by saying "pie-der" and moving his hands all funky.

Judah Antics:

For a week or so, Judah has been doing this weird hand thing (opening and closing quickly and all over the place) and going "oooooooo" in a fluctuating high pitch. I had NO idea what on earth he was doing other than being silly...until we were watching Ratatouille together a couple days ago. There's a part where Chef Skinner is going mad about seeing a rat everywhere, snapping his fingers all in front of his face and going "oooooo" in a fluctuating high pitch. And Judah laughed his head off and repeated it. A-ha! It is just too cute to watch!

Several days ago, I was laying on my stomach while playing with the boys. Judah climbed up onto the small of my back and stood up. It felt good, kind of like a mini-massage. (Don't worry, there is a way to tense your muscles to prevent injury.) ;-) He stood there for a few moments and then said "Hee-HOP!" He hopped off my back and spread his legs quickly enough so that he landed stradling my back. Excuse me? Where did he learn THAT, and he's only 2! Talk about coordination. He did it to Matt last night, and it was fun to see what it looks like when your not the one being hee-HOPPED on. :-)

3 comments:

Kathie said...

What fun you are having with you 2y/o :D I can't wait for you to get here so I can enjoy the fun too!

Autumn said...

me too, me too!

~Babychaser~ said...

My little one loves the B-I-B-L-E! Try it with Judah! At the end I put my fist in the air and "yell" Bible in a semi high pitched voice... he loves it and now does it too. This is the only song he has ever requested more of. We sing it 5-6 times each night. :) Before I know it he'll be spelling Bible!

Oh, and I think I heard him "singing" along with Leap Frog's fridge phonics... the ABC song part. He wasn't actually saying leters, but the part he did sounded right!

Powered By Blogger