The other day, Judah tried my chili -- no go. He also tried some poop. Yep, that's right. It's been warm here, and since the fruits and nuts want to conserve energy, most homes and apartments here have no A/C. So I laid Judah down for his afternoon nap in just his diaper -- completely forgetting that he knows how to undo the tabs. So he woke up from his nap and was crying. I went in there, shocked to see him standing up diaper-less. And even more shocked when I found his diaper on the other end of his crib...full of poop with a scattered "piece" next to it and smears all over his sheets and crib slats. THEN I noticed he was making an aweful face and gumming at something. Needless to say he went straight to the tub, the bed clothes went straight to the washer, and the toothbrush went straight to his mouth. I'd cry too if I tasted poo! So, for yesterday's afternoon nap, I laid him down in a diaper and SHORTS. Solved the problem! :-)
I really think we're out of the walking/crawling phase. It seems like he walks more than crawls now which is so fun to see. He chooses to walk alot and is very brave now, surprising us at the longer distances each day. This morning, he opened a dresser drawer and took out two shirts and threw them on the ground. The third shirt was apparently the one he was looking for because he held it out to me as if to say "I want to wear this today!" It was his Tigger shirt from Mamaw and Pappy -- he really likes that shirt!
I'm doing ok except for allergies. We learned today that Tylenol Multi-Symptom Allergy does indeed make me drowsy. I've always taken it before bed, but needed relief this morning. Twenty minutes later I was loopy and even fell asleep on Judah's floor with his blankie as my pillow. Matt compassionately told me to go nap, and boy was it a deep sleep. I felt so refreshed that I cleaned both bathrooms after Matt left! And it's been almost three weeks since that has happend -- which for those who know my cleaning habits KNOW that I must be more tired if I've let it go three weeks...
Matt's doing great -- progress is being made on the thesis front, which is excellent. He also got our official travel orders and is working with the travel agent to secure plane tickets and such! So exciting!
Gotta get lunch for JuJuBean and me! Enjoy the pics!

4 comments:
Ah yes, the art of sun screen application. It's funny, it never occurs to me not to do it. :) But maybe that is because I've been burned that way before.
Cute pictures. I can't tell you how jealous I am. I don't live near the beach any more and Bill isn't a huge fan of the sand and salt. It haven't been to a beach since our honeymoon... almost 2 1/2 years ago. Enjoy!
Deja, it's funny though. You'd think living only 30 minutes from gorgeous beaches would mean frequent trips. Nu-uh. And thankfully, after we move, we'll still only be about an hour to an hour and a half away from beach country -- only on the WARM ocean, not the freezing Pacific!
You're right, it does make a difference which side of the country you're on - I prefer the Gulf of Mexico - it offers the most beautiful beaches you can find in our country, and it's WARM!!! Another plus for the South! :) And thanks for the lesson about the shorts - I will keep that in mind for Noah this Summer!
Sorry, Dawn, didn't mean for that to be anonymous - it's me, Denise.
Post a Comment