Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Gift of Art

This past week, Judah got the chance to expand his artistic ability. At Titus Tuesday, I peeked in on him to see if he was ok since he doesn't really do well in nursery. There he was sitting at a little table in a little chair with all the other kids...playing with playdough! Cindy indicated to me that he was just sitting there poking at it, and boy did he looked focused. It was precious to see!

He also got a chance to paint for the first time! For Mother's Day, Matt helped him make a very unique card for me of four different paintings. Then Matt used his creative writing skills to make a little poem to go with the card to reveal what my gift was to be. Matt told me the fun they had, and I so wish I could have secretly watched father and son playing with paint...and then washing up and scrubbing the tub before I got home from shopping! ;-) This was the poem and the pictures (think abstractly when viewing):

For a mother who deserves way more than flowers...
(looks like a yellow bunch tied with a red ribbon)



Or a big family hug for hours and hours...
(a family huddle)



We could have gotten some chocolate, but no that just won't do...
(notice the little M's Matt put to make M&M's)



What about the massage you've always wanted from Deja Vu?
(the green spot is the person laying on a massage table)



That's right. Not only did I receive my first official "kid art" from my son, but I am also having a "before I die..." dream fulfilled! So sometime at the beginning of June (hopefully), I'll take a day to get a haircut and a massage at Deja Vu! Thank you, Matt and Judah!

It'll be a nice end to this nasty cold I've gotten that I am sure is turning into a cough that will linger...this is only the second cold I've ever gotten. They aren't fun. I'd take allergies over this. They do say it is worse during pregnancy, and the only two I've gotten have been while pregnant. I say who cares who it's worse for...just let me get some restful sleep!

6 comments:

Kathie said...

FYI for readers of this blog, if you click on the picture of the "chocolate" you can see that it is M&Ms :)

Dawn I love these pics. Are they each on a seperate piece of paper? could you frame them or at least one? I can see the bouquet of flowers very easily. A budding artist :)

Anonymous said...

What a great gift! My husband did something similar for my birthday last year (while I was pregnant). Nothing like the pampering while your body is out of whack!

Enjoy! And feel better!

Autumn said...

aww how sweet!!! Enjoy your massage... they are HEAVENLY.

Anonymous said...

What a great gift for Mother's Day! I love the pics in your last post too...thanks for sharing them!:)

Jason and Jodee said...

Hey, just a thought...but make sure they are trained in massage for pregos. I'm sure your massage therapist will know this, but there are a few spots they should stay away from (one of them is on the back of your leg, just above your ankle). Nothing to get too worried about, but just make sure they do pregos. Usually the first massage is a little weird only because you're either half or all naked and you aren't sure what they will do. But really, massages are so great, so enjoy it - you'll be hooked!

Lola said...

Amazing! That's what I'm getting for my birthday in a couple weeks!

My mom and I are going to go together.

And the pictures are lovely. What a lovely surprise.

If you've only had 2 colds in your life, consider yourself blessed, dearest.

Powered By Blogger