Monday, May 21, 2007

Family Blessings

We love our little family. It'll be even more awesome when we have a second little guy in the mix! We have so much fun just goofing off and playing with Judah -- those times in the day are such a refreshing break. Judah is turning into quite the little ham (surprise, surprise...thanks, MATT). Here are some snapshots of our playtime the other day. It also shows one of Judah's new shirts. Click on the pic of Judah close-up...his eyes are such a dark green when he wears this shirt. Proof that they are really hazel and not brown like so many people assume!



This is another of Judah's new shirts. And I found a great deal on a VERY comfy maternity skirt and was blessed with some new gray sparkly flip-flops (thanks, Momma!). I got a steal of a deal on the pink shirt and LOVE it. It's so soft and comfortable and makes me feel feminine and ballerina-ish. Don't make fun; just be happy for me. ;-) I also thought some of you might want to have a belly update. I think my weight gain leveled off quite a bit. I've started being a little more conscious of the choices I make every day, which is helping. And it was about time for it to level off anyway. My belly feels quite manageable now rather than feeling so big it's going to pop! I'm 7 months now. Third trimester. My, how time flies!



We had dinner with a group of people from church last Saturday night in the country. It was so gorgeous...the smooth hills of Hollister are so unique and awesome against the bright blue sky. Joy, the hostess, had tri-tip, salad, garlic bread, and chili -- a typical meal here in California that Matt and I agree we need to learn how to make so we can take it with us! So tasty! And for dessert, she got a birthday cake for Matt. Chocolate. Also tasty! Judah got to see adult and baby horses, strange flowers, a hummingbird, and for the first time ever in person...a CAT. I wasn't there when the cat first approached him (three of the men were entertaining Judah). They said his eyes were just wide as ever. I watched from afar once I realized the encounter was happening. That cat kept nudging and nuzzling. One time he nudged Judah's rear with his head so hard that he nearly knocked Judah over! It was so adorable to watch! No adverse reactions were spotted to nature, the cat, the chili, or the chocolate -- he loved them all!

9 comments:

Kathie said...

Great pics. I noticed a rash around Judah's mouth on several pictures, I assume they were taken different days. Is it allergies or something? I looks like the milk rash he gets. Love the skirt btw, cute flip flops too :)

Dawn said...

If you're referring to that little redish spot in the lower right corner of his mouth (looking at him), then I think that is just a troublesome spot of skin. It comes and goes and always improves if I put Vaseline Lip Therapy on it a few times.

Jaclyn said...

Thanks for the pictures!!!! I love seeing your faces. I am so sorry that I do not post pictures... I want to, but where is the time? I need to get a schedule like you so that I can do all the things I need and want to do. :-)

Anonymous said...

I have a great chili reciepe, it is from a church family who has left the area.
You can also leave Judah here the next time you have a dinner for 6.
You look so cute.

Dawn said...

That would be SPLENDID, Sheepmom! At the outset, the Chews said they'd keep him...but that particular evening they were in Stockton (and their dinner for 6 was that night anyway!). And since your hubby is one of the men Judah loves... I think the rumor is beginning to run around the whole church that Judah hates nursery and tries to escape into the arms of any man that passes by. :-P He's done it to Steve, the other Steve, Duane, Darren, Rich, Jay...

Autumn said...

Matt's shirt matches the cake. I can't believe you're in your third tri already!!! cute skirt.. it DOES look cozy! tried any new recipes lately?

Alicia said...

Hi Dawn,
I love your new clothes, they are super cute -- is the skirt jersey? That is my favorite summer fabric. I just noticed on your pregnancy ticker that little Elijah is really starting to look like a human now! It is so amazing that all this is happening in your tummy!

Alicia

Jason and Jodee said...

Hey did you guys lose power the other day? I saw on the tv that in Salinas a raccoon was stuck and they had to turn the wires off for a while to get him down. Made me feel like it's not such a large world :)

Anonymous said...

Cute photos, all around. It's almost that time, isn't it?

Powered By Blogger