Nu-uh.
We laughed ALOT throughout Spiderman III. The recurring description seems to be "ridiculous." We sat in front of a group of teenagers who had a keen ability to make the ridiculousness hilarious rather than annoying. The romance storyline definitely felt like we were watching a soap opera, as one youth verbally pointed out. You know me. I can get quite sappy and involved in the love stories of movies. But even I laughed out loud (and loudly) several times during parts of the romantic development. The battle scenes were horribly interrupted by "relief" performed by aweful actors. Cheese was melted throughout the movie. And how do they end the great Spiderman Trilogy? Let's just say it's not with Spiderman majestically flying through the air landing on top of a really tall building with the setting sun behind him........... Matt said it felt like we had just watched a joke and were ready to see the real thing. You definitely are NOT left with that same feeling you had after Star Wars III or Return of the King -- that mind-numbing, speechless, breathless feeling you get when you've just been awed to pieces and the story is now over. Nope. Ya don't get that with this one. Wanna know my first thought when the screen went black?
"Are you KIDDING me???"
My favorite part of the whole movie was watching Harry's character development. It was actually very well done...unlike the rest of the movie.
Spend your money if you will. Fulfill your duty to finish the trilogy. But don't expect to get your Spidey fill.
Enough about that. We did get some belly pics as requested. We also tried to get a pic of the two of us -- sorta worked. :-P Thanks for the dress, Aut! It was fun to wear...though I did wear a long black sweater over it. I'm not THAT brave! ;-)
Thanks to Kim and Moses for watching Judah! It was so nice to be out as a couple!

5 comments:
We haven't seen the movie yet, but our paper's one sentence recap review said "Exhilarating mishmash will leave you ready for No. 4", which makes me think it's not meant to be a neatly packaged trilogy. But, I'm not that into it, so I'm not really sure. :)
"that same feeling you had after Star Wars III or Return of the King -- that mind-numbing, speechless, breathless feeling you get when you've just been awed to pieces and the story is now over."
Wait... I was numb, speechless, and breathless when Star Wars III was over, but it was because I was hurrying to get to the exits before the rest of the crowd. Seriously: It wasn't that good.
You look great in that dress! Such a fun look. Thanks for saving us $20 on your honest review of Spider Man. I actually haven't even seen the 2nd one yet (I know, I'm such a dork)
Glad you guys got to have a real date never-the-less.
you look so feminine, sexy and cute... all at the same time! Tell me, how do you pull that off? :)
see my blog (even though I phoned you) :) !!!
Post a Comment