Thursday, May 03, 2007

Couldn't Wait...Again

So Matt's birthday is on the 18th. I have a "bad" habit of getting gifts for people (namely Matt) and then not being able to wait until the celebration day. It happened again. Judah and I bought his present about a week ago, which I admit was way early for someone like me to be getting a gift. But, by golly, I was gonna try to make it 23 days without giving him his birthday present. I was doing really well. I hadn't even told him where it was hidden. But then yesterday evening happened...

We took a family walk to Jamba Juice. On the way back, we were talking about his birthday gifts. He said he thought he had an inkling as to what one of the parts was. Naturally, I was nervous he had a clue about the part I'm most excited about. So I pretty much nagged him until he was forced to say, "Is it from the sporting goods section?" WHEW! He had figured out the lesser gift! And when someone figures out a gift, might as well give it, right? :-P So Judah and I presented Matt with his birthday gift from us this afternoon...a brand new basketball!

After dinner we went to the park so we could shoot some hoops. Talk about out of practice! I'm pretty sure I made my three baskets before Matt made even one, but he'd probably protest that. Funny thing -- after my first shot, the ball bounced way off to the side of the court. What do you do when that happens? Jog after it of course. And as I'm TRYING to jog, I kept thinking to myself, "Why on earth is my body not working?? It's just jogging!" About that moment, I heard Matt calling out to me to stop running because "You're pregnant!" Oh yeah. Duh. Isn't it amazing how you can TOTALLY forget something like that? No wonder I was lumbering along, my hips were crying out in pain, and I just couldn't go as fast as I thought I should. I have a 6 month pregnant belly hanging off me. I made sure I shot more accurately after that so I wouldn't have to go far for retrieval.

Judah was more interested in walking and crawling around on the court than he was with the basketball. He has really started getting brave -- CHOOSING to walk rather than crawl many times throughout the day. I think our daily strolls outside for about 30 minutes a day or every other day has really helped him improve his skill. Watch and awe!




In other news...

Judah likes egg salad and celery with peanut butter. My chili? Definitely a no go, but he enjoyed the cornbread as usual.

Which, by the way, was made with soymilk. I ran out of milk earlier today. Soymilk cornbread is actually quite tasty -- slightly sweeter than regular milk cornbread. Matt didn't even notice a difference except that it was really good. Of course, I didn't tell him it was made with soy until AFTER he had tasted it. ;-)

Judah needed a hair cut today. We got brave and used the longest attachment on our clippers. It's short. He's not bald, but I think it will look great after it grows out a little. We call it a "summer cut." Pics to come, of course.

CONGRATULATIONS TO BETH AND CURTIS! Beth is a long-time friend of mine that I grew up with. She and her hubby became parents today when Isabella Shiloh was born early this morning. They are adopting her, and I am so excited for them! You can see pics here.

We're going to see Spiderman III tomorrow afternoon! Kim and Moses are babysitting, so it's a real bonifide date! Matt is stewing over the fact that Aut, Andy, & Jason will be seeing it in less than an hour at the midnight showing in AR. He just got back from getting our tickets for tomorrow -- and people were already lining up for the sold-out 12:01 showing. And the news crew was just arriving as he left the ticket booth. I can't wait to see it, but come on people!

Matt is planning to do a post on the Democratic debate. Look for it. It will be superb. Now we're gonna have some tea and watch the Republican debate. This election is going to be difficult -- start praying for wisdom now!

G'night!

4 comments:

Jason and Jodee said...

So there's daddy and son...can I see a recent prego pic? :) Thanks!

Dawn said...

LOL...sure. I'll take some tonight in a funky dress that probably only Autumn can get away with. It is her's, after all. But I wanna be fun for our Spiderman III date. :-)

Autumn said...

Oh cool, you're wearing THAT dress!! I can't wait to see :) oh and tell Matt he was thought of last night (the thoughts were accompanied by a sinister grin)

Dawn said...

Yes, THAT dress. :-)

And Matt wants to know if that is because you guys got to see the movie before him and your grin was sinister...or because you think he looks like one of the actors who had a sinister grin.

He says he hates you all. :-P (kiddingly of course)

Powered By Blogger