Saturday, May 12, 2007

Detailed Family Update

Just thought I'd give you some details of the happenings around here. :-)

This will be my second Mother's Day as a mother. I never thought I'd have twice the reason to celebrate this holiday before my 3rd anniversary. :-P My mom sent me flowers and chocolates to celebrate. It was in the moment that I saw the small box of chocolates and felt a surge in my body that I realized -- I have truly become a Chocoholic. ::averts eyes::


I had a check-up yesterday, and all is well. I passed my gestational diabetes labs which I was pessimistic about since I've NOT been doing well with diet/exercise this time around. But Dr. G gave me an explanation that it's not WHAT you eat but how your body processes it. I think what happened with Judah is that I was very good about diet/exercise, but then followed Dr. G's advice to eat a candy bar each day the three days before my test to get used to the sweetness. So I think maybe my body was in sugar shock that time; but since I've had sweets just about every day this time around, when I drank the stuff my body said "More sugar? No problem!" :-P I was a little shocked by the 9 lbs I had put on since my last appointment (considering at THAT appt I had gained 7 lbs!), but Dr. G said it was no big deal. When I got home and calculated, I realized that total I've only gained 21 lbs which is right on track. Whew! I gained 32 total with Judah, so that's probably what I'll do again. But I really should start eating better and exercising -- Matt and I are gonna try to encourage each other in that. The c-section is officially Tues, July 31st at 9:00 am. Yeah! Now my mom can get her tickets, and I think my grandmother is coming too!

Matt's birthday is coming up on Friday! Number 25 is gonna bring a great surprise! And yes, I will for sure be waiting until that day to give him his gift...I can't wait to tell you all the outcome. I may just video it to get his reaction! ;-)

Judah is definitely walking now. He is also really starting to communicate more -- which is what I've been "patiently" (?) waiting for. I've noticed lately that he recognizes particular words like hungry, eat, milk, drink, watch (as in a video), bathtime, nap, finished/done, books, clap, and go for a walk. He is learning body parts, blowing kisses, and blinking, too. We are now certain that he can really say the phrases "where's Judah" and "I'm done," though I think we'd have to interpret if someone else heard it. He's taken to showing preference for certain clothes like his Tigger shirt and a palm tree shirt we just bought, both are blue/orange. He's also a Linus now with his blue blanket...the one with the satin edge though, not the plain one (don't get that wrong!). :-P Judah goes through distinct phases of obedience for a few days then testing for a few days. Praise God it's not constant testing -- I don't think I'd handle that too well! It's nice to see that the advice my mom gives really is true and what she suggests really does work. :-) In summary, it is fascinating to watch how a human being grows from newborn-bump-on-a-log to toddler-sucking-in-the-world-around-him! God's handiwork never ceases to amaze me!

It's done! We have our tickets, hotel, and car rental for our house hunting trip in June. And we got the extra blessing of not having to pay for the tickets like we thought we'd have to. We were just resigned to having credit card debt for a while (like when we moved out here) until the government reimbursed us. So now it will just be the hotel and car rental which is much more manageable than those plus $1000 in plane tickets! And while not set in hard stone, I'm pretty sure we'll be flying out of CA for good on Sept. 22nd. A bittersweet date that will be. :-\

Anyway, I should get going. I've got some chores to do and Matt is still at the men's breakfast. We're going to Olive Garden (my favorite!) later today for Mother's Day, so that will be nice not to cook. Especially since I just cooked a Southern Brunch dinner for Mike and Debbie Badger last night...and they stayed to visit until 11:00! Speaking of, we'd like to have your family over for dinner sometime. Are there any days in the near future that would be good?

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Well, I think Monday night would be good for us... :-P

You forgot to tell people the other part of your good news about your house-hunting trip! If you did not want to yet, I won't spill the beans! :-P

I am going to get Matt's gift in the mail on Monday! Yay!

Love you!

Dawn said...

LOL Ok, I got caught. Part of this post was a copy and paste from an e-mail I had just written. Why take time to write it out twice when you can use the same text? I just forgot to delete the part about having people over for dinner. It'd be totally awesome if everyone COULD come for dinner here though!!!

Alicia said...

I was wondering! That seemed so random to invite the entire cyber world over for dinner. That is a really cute mistake. If we're ever in town we'll hold you to your invitation!

Happy MOther's Day!

Kathie said...

Hey, I'm free any time between the 30 of July till around the 8 of August...I'll cook :D Do those dates sound okay to you?

Powered By Blogger