Saturday, May 26, 2007

Judah Stats

Words he understands: eat, hungry, drink, breakfast, lunch, dinner, milk, snack; bath, bathtime, water; diaper (I think); Momma, Dadda, Judah; belly, belly button, eyes, ears, mouth, teeth, feet, hair, hairbrush, toothbrush, kiss, sweets (another word for kiss), blow a kiss; go, outside, walk, shoes, turn around, hold my hand; toys, books, drawer; watch, Veggie (and even some songs/lines from Veggie Tales); let's pray, one at a time, yes, no

Words he can say: Dadda, Judah, All done, where's Judah, hat, light, door, bye

What he can communicate with gestures/sounds: hungry, more, finished, pick me up, I want to go on a walk, I'm mad because I'm not getting my way ;-), love and comfort (he's a snuggler!)

Favorite outfit: Tigger shirt and Tigger pants -- he searches for them in his drawers and laundry hamper every morning to find them. If he does find them, he brings them to me to dress him. If he can't, he'll pick out something else that is orange and blue. It's funny and strange to see him be so specific, throwing what he doesn't want on the floor.

Current favorite toys: Little People trains without the people/animals on them. And the newest favorite is a 99cent truck I bought him today from Target. Blue and orange, of course. He loves wheels and buttons on anything!

Favorite item, period: The blue fleece blanket with satin trim. And don't you forget it.

Favorite activity: walking outside.

Favorite book: The Ear Book by Dr. Seuss.

Attached to: Momma.

Latest personality development: LOUD talker and screecher. Not necessarily out of anger or anything...just to hear himself and be a ham.

Latest physical developments: Trying to walk faster/run. And today I noticed he's about to get his first two top molars!!! THAT explains why he's been a drool machine lately.

First bloody boo-boo: Yesterday. I was sitting in the glider right next to his window. He had quickly climbed onto a toy and had his hands on the window sill. My hands were just about to grab his torso when he slipped a little. He proceeded to cry without sound for a few seconds and I had no idea what he had hurt -- until I saw bloody front teeth. Talk about scaring a new momma! It's the very first time I've seen "unnecessary blood" on my son. Thankfully, as soon as I sat him on the kitchen counter to figure out how best to clean-up/stop the bleeding, Matt walked in the door. Judah didn't cry very long at all, which surprised me. He had stopped before I even carried him out of his room. It took a few minutes to get the bleeding to stop, and I think Judah had fun chewing on the rag and drinking water from a running faucet. I have concluded that he cut that flap of skin connecting the upper lip to the gum. We've been planning to ask Dr. C about it at his next appointment anyway because I'm not sure it is "normal" in length. We'll see. But all is fine -- his lip never even got swollen! Thank you, Lord!

First long-evening babysitters: Last night. We went on a double date with another couple from church to Olive Garden and Pirates III. A sweet couple from church came to Salinas to watch Judah. They are the first people to have ever put Judah down for the night. His bedtime is at 7:30. He fought sleep until 9:15. :-P They say he did fine though and didn't cry at all. He just didn't want to go to sleep until we got home (he didn't make it). When we did finally get home around 10:15, we had to maneuver into our parking spot because there was a tow truck towing a car. We got up to our apartment and mentioned it in passing, and the B's remarked that they hoped it wasn't Mike's car. So Matt and Mike went to check just to be sure. It was. They towed our babysitter's car. So Matt and Mike hopped in our car to go chase down the truck that had just left. Thankfully they weren't even a block away, and $100 got the car back. If they hadn't caught the truck, it would have been $250. Note to visitors: Any uncovered parking is for guests EXCEPT that one silly spot by the pool that says "210" on it that NOBODY ever parks in. Makes for an interesting story, no? The evening did end well (and late) over conversation, coffee, and a new dessert I made (Apple Crisp Cake, to be posted soon on Savary Sensations). Delicious!

Hope that satisfies any Judah-bugs out there that want to get a piece of the cuteness! Here's a little cherry on top...

This was a toy given to us by a downstairs neighbor. It's a car/boat/plane depending on which page of the "book" is showing and makes noises appropriate for each. This is what he tried to climb on before gettin' a bloody lip.



This is his new blue and orange truck...to match his blue and orange outfit.



Daddy plugging away at homework/thesis.



A moment where he was being a loud talker while playing with his truck.



My belly has been so uncomfortable this week. Elijah is all up in my ribs now. The feeling is best described as having a literal basketball in my torso reaching from hips to rib cage. It's hard to breath 100% normally unless I'm laying flat. When I look down, this is what I see. What makes it hard to tie my shoes or paint my toe nails. What makes it hard to get the clothes out of the washer, lay Judah down in his crib, sit down, stand up, reach over the sink to wash the window or grab a glass. I long for the day I'll have my body back. I am thankful I have great pregnancies compared to most women -- but I am physically weary of being pregnant! Two more months. Only two more months. And I try to remember what Matt once said. This could be my last pregnancy as far as our human minds can know, so I still need to cherish the moments!



But I know the end blessing is WAAAAAAAY worth the momentary discomfort!!!





Isn't his smile so endearing? Now go have a sunshiny day!

3 comments:

Kathie said...

What a cutie!!! His smile is endearing. Seeing him by the door reminds me, have the apartment people ever done anything about the front door so it can't be opened easily?

Your poor babysitters! I'm glad they got their car back before it was all the way at the impound lot. Maybe that parking space is Davy Jones' and we just can't see his car :)

I love you all!!

Jason and Jodee said...

Btw, did you guys like Pirates? A better review than Spiderman, I hope?

Autumn said...

cute but I wanna hear more about YOU, Dawn! Thanks for the laptop info!

Powered By Blogger