We had a wonderful day, though it was not too much out of the ordinary. We started off the day with some Starbucks, a new tradition we have because that is how we started off the day of our wedding -- coffee alone at Starbucks (until our wedding coordinator happened to pop in). :-) Then we went to church, came home and had a snack, fed Judah. Then we went to Outback! Compliments of my family. It was SO tasty! Matt was able to get his absolute favorite...ribs. And I was able to try something new, the Walhalla Pasta. It was perfection. I went in wanting to try an alfredo chicken pasta dish. As I was looking at the menu, I thought "Pasta alfredo with chicken and their steamed veggies mixed in would be perfect. I wonder if they would do that for me." Well, that's EXACTLY what Walhalla Pasta is. So light, healthy, and refreshing. Their alfredo sauce isn't the thick creamy stuff you find slathered on other alfredo dishes. You can hardly see it and they don't pile it on. Try it! Then we rented a movie and relaxed the rest of the day.
Our conversation at Outback was wonderful! We talked about memories from the past year. One of my favorite memories was driving across country with Matt. It was so fun to stay in a different place each night, stay with Beth and Curtis, take in the scenery, see the Grand Canyon, stay with the Jensens...what an adventure that was! But of course mostly we talked about the day Judah was born. I asked Matt questions like "What were you thinking when..." and he asked me some questions. Not many people have asked me questions about that day, what it was like and what I was thinking, so it was fun to talk about it. (It was also fun to have lots of people stop and comment on Judah's cuteness!)
Last night we played the Josh Groban songs we had as our first and last dance at the reception while we looked at our wedding album (another tradition we started). It was so fun to remember all the thoughts and feelings we had -- I hope we never forget! And maybe if we do this each year, it will help us hold on to such sweet memories of how we started life together. All my bridesmaids were so pretty and diverse. The groomsmen were such good friends and a joy to have around. Our ushers were all handsome. Lots of people in Matt's family look like they could be movie stars. The flowers were GORGEOUS. The DJ was aweful. The cake was excellent. I still can't believe Thomas caught the garter...but that's better than if D-Rob had gotten it! And on and on...
I thank God for Matt. I thank Him for guiding both our lives to help us become who we are today...perfect for each other. There is no greater companion to walk the adventure of life than the one God has chosen for you!
I love you, Matt!
...and for you Judah hungry readers...

5 comments:
I'm so glad you all had such a nice anniversary. I'm curious, do you not have a DVD of the wedding? am I the only one with a copy?? It sounds like it was a relaxing, romantic, reminiscing kind of day, fun :)
I can't believe it's been two years. Here's to many more!
so sorry I didn't call you to wish you happy anniversary...
then again, YOU didn't call ME either! ;)
Love you and glad you had a great day!
I love pictures of you all!! Oh my goodness, Judah has changed SO much!!! I cannot wait to hear more and see more of your time with Matt's family. I love you!
You're right, Auttie...I didn't call. But I thought about you probably more than I thought about you alot! ;-)
Post a Comment