Saturday, July 22, 2006

The Latest Hodge Podge

Ok. So I have tons to post about that I'm not sure I'll even remember it all. So I'll just list stuff that comes to my head.

So the rest of the country has had a major heat wave, and I have been VERY thankful we were the one little green spot across the whole US on the temperature map. Well, we are part of that heat wave now. Granted, it's mid-80's as opposed to 100's. But at least you all have air conditioning. Because this piece of country is so mild to cool year round, many homes/apts aren't built with AC. We got a fan at target today. It has yet to get below 80 INSIDE our apt. Praise the Lord night is coming.

Judah's 4 month appt was on Monday. He is 16.8 lbs and 25.something inches long. We admit we thought he'd weigh much more...we've already put him in size 3 diapers. I guess it makes sense though because size 3 ranges from 16-28 lbs. He'll be in them for a while to say the least. He got three shots and an elective oral vaccine (against rotovirus, flu like illness). He didn't scream as long or as shrill as last time, but it was still heart breaking. He recovers well from injury. He got a very slight fever for a bit and a red bump on one leg, but he's good. Except...

He has definitely mastered the art of squealing and screaming. Sometimes for play, most times to fuss and complain. I would definitely say that this is the first week since that hard 2nd week of his life that I am nearing the end of my rope. I've even made up a patience song for MYself (though I don't recall the tune at the moment). I'm sure the heat is not helping his mood or mine. He is still cute, though, when he isn't doing fussy squealing. Matt called him "Wilbur" this week as in the pig off of Charlotte's Web. :-P

We started him on rice cereal this week as the doctor suggested. He has taken to eating "real" food quite well. After the first few bites, he was already opening wide for more! However, I think we are going to stop the cereal for a few days. He's had "number 2" problems for a while as in too much, but now it's a too little problem. I researched and found that though rice cereal is the #1 first baby food across the board, it is also the most constipating. I'm sure Judah will appreciate me someday for talking about his delicate matters on the Internet. ;-)

I'm so excited for Sunday. The cry room now has a real changing table and clock! No more huge wardrobe-turned-double-decker-cribs thing that is virtually indescribable and no more fumbling with a cell phone to check the time. That room is slowly turning from dingy dungeon to heavenly haven! I'm gonna contact a lady in our church who does painting/murals to see if she'll finish the walls that have not been done. Oh shoot. I meant to take pictures of before. I guess after will have to do. :-)

I think we might go swimming tomorrow. It's certainly warm enough, and I've just been waiting on the edge of my seat to take Judah swimming! Water baby he will be! He adores bath time...splashing ALL of us quite well.

He is not rolling over yet, BUT he is finally using his arms to help hold himself up when he's on his belly. Before he would just use his back/neck muscles the whole time. I kept trying to convince him it would feel better to use his arms. Now he believes me. He can also semi-sit up by himself. He leans forward and puts his hands on the ground and that's what holds him up. But he usually ends up folded completely in half and then falling over and flipping his feet out so he's on his belly. He holds his feet in his hands ALL the time when he's on his back. He's our little rolly polly.

I was awakened with a start the other night by a blood sucking vampire. I have not had a mosquito bite in AGES and they certainly are not common in California (at least the areas I've lived in). He bit me near my collar bone and on my hand. The one on my collar bone is is quite large but not all red which is unusual for me. And last night on the news, what story do they have but "4 confirmed cases of West Nile in humans in several counties of California." Wonderful. 2 happen to be right next to our county. I keep telling myself that IF I got West Nile from the now long dead mosquito, it would be an unarguable God thing. It's not like I can wear Off to bed or anything. I mean, who gets bitten in the middle of the night in their bedroom when they've spent 5 years in Cali without one bite??

Here's some pictures. My brain's about to fry from info overload.



6 comments:

Kathie said...

okay, this is crazy!!! I just finished reading your post and now everything I look at has black lines on it, like those optical illusion things that you can do. I think looking at the white words (lines) on the dark background for so long causes the reverse effect when you then look at a light background. Weird. Good post, great pics :)

Anonymous said...

Hi honey. I am back in the land of the internet users. The internet I've been using all month has been really slow and difficult. Preceptorship has been long and wonderful and tiring. Am in St. Louis now.

Love you.

Love my little nephew. He is really one of the most adorable babies I've ever seen. Kiss him and tell him his Tita loves him.

Autumn said...

I love the last pic of your hand and J's. Man, your nails look so great! I'm jealous. :)

Anonymous said...

Just hearing you describe how Judah will sit up made me go "Awwww." Matt needs to post more videos!

the Rehrers said...

Hi Dawn,
Great posts. We can relate to the mosquito bite. Kara attracts them but not on purpose!! We will both sit outside and she will end up with 2-3 bites and me with none. The hands pic is great and frameable (sp?). I enjoy reading your description of development milestones. I have to memorize them for the pedi test in school. Judah is cute. It is nice to see a healthy baby.

Matt and Kara

Indiana Mama said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW LONG HIS HAIR HAS GOTTEN! GREAT PICTURES.

Powered By Blogger