Thursday, June 29, 2006

Despite what many may think...

We are still alive. :-) Since I posted last, we have had the privilege of hosting Matt's mom, grandmother, and sister for a week and a half. We were on the move every day it seemed! But you know what that means...lots of pictures! Be sure you check back often because there's no way I'm doing all of this in one post. Even this San Francisco post is going to be a mother load.

We left early in the morning for the drive. We took a guided tour of the city first. It was so nice...air conditioned bus, tour guide, someone ELSE driving so Matt could actually enjoy it. First stop was the "Palace." One of the last scenes of The Bachelor was filmed here if any of you have seen it. It's supposed to celebrate science and art. If we remember correctly, it was built for a French art exhibit.



Next stop was, you guessed it. The Golden Gate Bridge. Matt got the BEST picture of it, as you can see it is postcard quality (hey, that rhymes). The other pictures are of a cross-section of cable. It is HUGE and made up of lots of tiny cables. We walked a little ways onto the bridge. I could totally feel the sway and had to describe it to Matt and Melody so they could pick it out for themselves. Judah slept.



After we walked around Fisherman's Warf and had our picnic lunch, we went on a tour of Alcatrez. I love riding on boats of any kind (well, maybe not tiny easily-flipped fishing boats). I also took the time to reapply 45 sunscreen on my arms and and 30 on my face. I realize now I am becoming older and wiser -- I actually put the sunscreen on of my own volition and thought. Did it help? No. I got burned quite nicely on my arms, shoulders, and neck. This was AFTER we spent time at the beach on a previoius day and I wore NO sunscreen and was fine. Silly post-partum/nursing hormones. Note on the picture of Judah behidn bars: Mamaw (if that's what everyone settles on) bought Judah that little cap for sun protection. It is just adorable! It says "Property of Alcatrez" but has a "stamp" on it that says "Rejected: Too Cute." Tee hee!



And since blogger won't let me upload anymore photos...more to come later!

::whispers:: stupid blogger.

On another note, I think I just started about the 4th or 5th huge jar of peanut butter since we've been here. And I eat 99.9 percent of these jars. Matt just told me he wishes he could eat a food like I eat peanut butter. That makes me proud of my accomplishment. Boy, am I glad Judah doesn't have a peanut allergy!

On another-nuther note, my favoritest holiday is coming up! No, not just my anniversary and my older sister's birthday. But THE day! The Fourth of July!

Happy Anniversary, Matt & Me!
Happy Birthday, Autumn!
Happy Birthday, USA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you believe it's been a year since the four of us went to Memphis, and you told us you were pregnant? You spent your anniversary and my birthday with us. One of my favorite trips.

Happy birthday to Autumn and to me! Yay!

Autumn said...

thanks for the pics and the birthday wishes! I hope your day was as fun as mine! :)

Powered By Blogger