Friday, March 11, 2005

Did it really happen?

Ok...WOW. Was I really AT a Groban concert? It was so bizarre to sit there watching this guy in person. This guy that me and so many of my friends love to hear sing!

High point of the evening: "getting to know him" better. He's quite the casual guy with a sense of humor. People kept yelling from the crowd. He started talking about how cold it was outside. Some freak from the crowd yelled "I'll keep you warm!" Josh was a little taken aback, and responded with an awkward face and a little growl. Then he said "Well, I was gonna say I was growing a beard to keep warm, but I guess that works." It got really awkward/funny when men started yelling "I love you, Josh." Weirdos! I just hope they don't drive him to suicide because they treat him as an idol instead of a person.

Low point of the evening: having a sense of loss deep inside because my guysoulmate and girlsoulmate were not with me. I was sad not to share something that awesome with Matt...and it made me so sad to not have Thea there to feel everything as deeply as I did! If it's the last thing we do, we are GOING together someday you two!

However, I can NOT forget to mention how fun it was to be with my mom, lil sis, and life-long best friend. Cherish those girlfriends!!! It was a blast to get away from life with just my girls!

Current Want: A diffuser. I can wear my hair curly now that it's short...but it looks crunchy because it air dries. Diffusers are lovely to have! Someday I guess.

Current Goals: 1) To lose 20 pounds or a couple inches, whichever comes first. 2) To go on a saving spree with Matt so that we can start preparing for a brighter future.

Current Praise: God is so good! Yesterday we found out that Matt's department is going to shift from the Library to Computing Services. This is PERFECTION! God answered several months of prayer. Not only does this mean Matt will get to do more of what he is expert at, but it also means a slight to moderate jump in salary. No computer guy should be paid on a Library scale. So, we are staying in Jackson for several more years. I welcome the security of knowing I don't have to start all over in a few months. So many doors are opened now...possible house instead of apt, possible kid sooner than later, and we get to stay at the church we found. ::sigh of relief:: Again, GOD IS GOOD!

Current Prayer: That insurance would continue working out quickly so I can start allergy shots and get my head MRI's before April in order to save money. Our deduc starts over in April.

Ok, I could probably go on and on. But you all have lives too. And I should probably try to find something to do here at work. It's nice to be slow...Wednesday I was so stressed my hands were shaking!

Gonna post more pictures soon of the various ways I can wear my hair now. Thanks for the compliment Thea...it's your turn next. ::evil laugh::

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I know, I think that artists sing because they cannot help themselves, but it is weird to have stalkers.

ah, KIDS!!! Does that mean I'll be an aunty? I'm all for it, that way I can live vicariously through your children while becoming a doctor.

I'm glad you're staying in TN. It's close to home, and me, and it really is an answer to prayer.

Love you, peaches

Powered By Blogger