Wow! I didn't think I'd get quite that many comments to my previous post. Thank you! However, I'm not quite sure we got anywhere with a decision. :-P Seems like the answers averaged to the shortest cut and the longest cut. Go figure. Here are my pros and cons to each:
Shortest:
1) Makes me FEEL spunky, energetic, and dare I say it sexy. I got it cut like that while I was pregnant and boy did it give me a self-confidence boost as my belly and body got bigger. So, Aut, you were write about the pregnant face and no offense taken. I too wondered how much better it would look with a slimmer face.
2) It dries very quickly and is a no fuss do. And if I did want to use my straightener, it takes no time at all.
3) I can't put it up.
4) I feel that short hair, though fun and flirty, does not let my hair live up to its potential. (I hope that doesn't sound vain.)
Longest:
1) Makes me feel carefree, romantic, and soft.
2) I can do several different styles with it: up, down, braids, ponytails, half-up, etc.
3) I feel that it is one of my greatest assets -- I hear people say that it's hard to have long hair and keep it looking good. I find that it is not hard for me with the right shampoo and regular trims.
4) It takes a long time to dry and I am less likely to do anything with it because of the time involved.
5) Judah is already grabbing, pulling, and squeezing my hair at the length it is now (just below shoulder). I often think of Janet and how her kids sucked on her hair. Indiana Mama is right...shorter hair may be more practical. But then you can put short hair all the way up and out of reach like you can long hair. But even when my hair is up, he finds those little baby hairs at the back of my neck....youch!
All in all, I find it interesting that 1 and 4 would be the top choices because they are also mine. And I also think that the two of them represent me well. You who know me well know that there is a side of me that fits the short do, and also a side that fits the long do. Jenna, I think Matt prefers #3, but he also does the husband thing of "whatever looks good on you!" Maybe he got that from Indiana Mama... ;-)
It's a good thing this decision isn't life or death and that I still have until the end of November to decide. Jaclyn, you as well as Hope and Autumn spurred this deep thinking about hair length. Can't wait to see your new hair!!!
Is this silly to post so much about hair? I feel weird. Perhaps because I haven't posted about me in a while. I'm glad you all still like to know about me...but honestly, my life is Judah right now! :-P Here's the rest of me in a nut shell:
~I could sleep from 8:30pm to 7am and still want to nap once or twice during the day.
~I have ceased sewing and quilting because the borrowed machine has been returned. That leaves scrapbooking which I have yet to hammer out since returning the sewing machine. Gonna go scrapbook with a friend on Saturday while Matt is at church.
~We have a TaeBo DVD coming in the mail in hopes to start up an exercise routine together -- in the mornings, one will walk/run outside while the other stays in with Judah and does the TaeBo. The next morning, we switch. We've got a "get fit" goal for Thanksgiving. Let's hope we stick to it...for once in our lives! :-P
~I'm working on creating/sending our Fall Letter with our family portraits. So much fun! But it takes away time that I could scrapbooking...meh. The scrapbook can wait. Just not 24 years like someone else I know... ;-)
~Rain is so refreshing -- we actually got some last night. We haven't seen rain in MONTHS, I tell you. The weather is very fallish, cool and crisp with partly cloudy skies. I love it!
Judah wants lunch now. Whew! Thanks for letting me talk about me without feeling obligated to post about Judah-udah!
Love to all and have a great fall day!

10 comments:
Thanks for indulging us in a post about YOU! I totally understand everything you said about your hair. One of the reasons I get sad about cutting my long hair off again is that people always compliment it... but, for now, I think I am going to go shorter. When I have more time to fix it in the mornings, maybe I will do the long thing again.... I will get you a pic as soon as I can after I do the deed tomorrow! :-P
I still vote for long hair :D As far as scrapbooking is concerned I didn't even know about scrapbooking then. I haven't finished the first scrapbook I should have finished. I prefer to sew. We could scrapbook when you are here, but I don't think you will have the time...I'm wondering if I will get to see you when you are here. I DO want to see you and Matt...it isn't ALL about Judah:)
Lol! I can't wait to see what you decide to do with your hair. :) I'm sure it will look great!
Oh, and I'm SO with you on sleeping from 8:30pm to 7am and still wanting to nap. However, Trey doesn't sleep nearly that long at night! (Note the hint of jealousy...I know, I know...Give it time.) But he slept last night from 11:30 to 7:15! Woo Hoo!
Fall :::sigh::: It still feels like summer here in Florida. Enjoy it for me!
number ONE
number ONE
you know it
is so much FUN
energetic, sexy, spunky
get a bit wild
do something funky
sometimes long can be a bore
did you consider LESS is MORE?
I hope this poem has swayed you
oh, please let me persuade you
that number ONE
it's so FUN
and FUN is how God made you! :)
Heh heh heh...
So, Aut. If I did it at Tgiving would you? ::evil grin:: Then we could have a three sisters pic taken with our short hair.
Jenna, where can I see pictures of your baby boy?? I bet he's alot bigger now, huh? Yeah for him sleeping longer! It only gets better, I promise! Then you have to turn to making YOURSELF go to bed early if you want to sleep a long time...time with husband or sleep? That is the question!
Autumn,
NO FAIR...no poetry to persuade!!!!! Not everyone can be so creative I cry "FOUL!!!!"
I do like Dawn's idea of a pic of all three of my girls though :)
Autumn's poem is hilarious!! :)
Since I don't have a blog, the best place to see pictures is on my mom's blog: www.justasiam.typepad.com. You'll have to scroll down a few entries from the latest to see pictures of us. Also click on "My Photos" in the right sidebar for more pics. He IS getting big! I love it. :)
Speaking of my mom...I had told her about your blog, so she checked it out recently. She thinks Judah is ADORABLE! Just had to let you know. :)
(Do you like how I ended each paragraph with a smiley face? Lol!)
poo.
poo.
only Matt would do
that.
if you recall
after all
THREE was my 2nd choice
of them all.
he's your hubby
his vote counts
but I'm your sister
so mine amounts
(to something?)
this poem stinks.
i've lost my flair
for catchy words
about your hair.
do what you want.
hair always grows.
but this, my friend,
I'm sure you know.
p.s.
Matt was clever
in his endeavor
to copy my meter...
cheater!
Hahaha... you two are funny.... I like number three too, even though I origianlly said 2 or 4. Whatever Matt likes should win, poetry or no poetry! :-P
Post a Comment