Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Call Me a Woman

You know how women can get when it comes to hair. It gets to that stage where you need a cut, but your appointment isn't for a while. Then you talk with a few friends about their hair, and instantly you question what you want when previously you knew you wanted to grow it out. Why is it that we women crave change in our appearance every so often, whether it be drastic or subtle? So I found four good photos each representing a different hairstyle I've had. I like them all for various reasons, but let's take a poll. Which one do you all think looks best with my face and personality? (They are in order of shortest to longest...) I've got a while to decide because I'm crazy about who I trust with my hair. So I'll be getting it cut in Little Rock at Thanksgiving by my faithful Glynn.




And because I know none of you read this to find out how I'm doing, here are some pictures of Judah. ;-)

Helping with laundry -- oh so cute! Hands and knees -- he rocks alot now and we're teaching him how to move forward.



His two fall outfits -- the left was for family portraits, the right because it's adorably lion-ish!



How he sleeps -- it's as if he can't fall asleep unless the blanket is wrapped around his middle and up over his face. I can't tell you how many times I come in after I know he's asleep to uncover his face! And just some floor time with the happy kid.




And back to hair...Hope got hers cut today. If anyone says we are not sisters, they're weird.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved your long hair...your beautiful long hair.

But you look cute no matter what your hair style.

Autumn said...

are you preggers in that first photo? I like the first one... you look like you have a pregnant face (only a sister can get away with saying that, right?) but I think it would look even BETTER with your slimmed-down face. The third one is cool too, you look a little youngish in it. Maybe I'm drawn to that one b/c it's similar to my length. hmm... first or third are strong preferences for me. And Hope..... ADORABLE!!!

Autumn said...

P.s. contrary to what you think, I DO check your blog to see how YOU are doing.. and as much as I love my cuddly-wuddly Judah bug, I am often disappointed at the lack of info about my SISTER.

Kathie said...

Okay, several things:
1)LONG HAIR...I miss your long beautiful hair!!
2)Now *I'M* dieing of cuteness. The pic of the "Judah bug" (thank you, Aut) in the laundry is overwhelmingly cute
3) People tell me all the time that Hope looks like you...I guess I've been on of the wierd ones, I've never seen it....till now. Shocking!!!
4) Like Autumn, I do come here for Judah fixes but it is nice to read about what is going on in your life :)
5) Did I say LONG HAIR???!!!

Anonymous said...

First, while I do enjoy the cuteness of Judah, I love hearing about YOUR life! (Oh, did you notice after all this time, I finally figured out how to leave a comment?) :)

Second...I love your long hair! And my husband would say long hair because he likes long hair on all women. But...I personally liked picture #2. :) Maybe that's because I want to cut my hair which has gotten soooo long!
What does Matt think?

Paul said...

2, with 4 being a close second.

Indiana Mama said...

I too loved the long hair, but I also know that may not be as practical now that you are a mother. My second vote is for no. 1 just because I love how it wraps around your face making your cheeks so cute!

Oh, gosh.... You're just a beautiful woman and it won't really matter how you have it cut!
We love you with any hairstyle!

Katie said...

Hey Dawn!
I love your hair in pic #3. I am partial to longer hair, but you will look gorgeous regardless! Thank you for sharing pictures of Judah, he is such a cutie pie!

Jaclyn said...

Well, well... I wonder WHY you decided to post about hairstyles, hum? I still cannot decide what I am going to do, BUT, I know I am going shorter. How short, though, is the question?

As for you, I think your SMILE says "short, spunky hair cut," your PERSONALITY says medium length (like pic #2), but I think you look best with picture number four- long, but maybe some layers to frame your face a bit.

You see, you and I have the opposite face shape, me- long, you-round. So, I think my face looks so long and sad with really long hair. For you, long hair draws out your smile. Short hair for me accents my eyes and doesn't make me look like I have a giraffe face! I'm going for it, tomorrow, though... and I think I am doing the tattoo picture! :-P Love you!

Anonymous said...

Woman, I vote number 1. Have you tried it curly lately?

P.S. I might be voting for the short hair out of vicarious motives. Mine is getting longer, and daily I fight the urge to go all Edward Scissorhands on it...I have thus far resisted the urge, but I've been rearranging a lot of furniture lately.

Anonymous said...

Ok, you have to try hard to ignore this woman's slightly digusted/extremely hungover expression, but what do you think about the haircut?

http://www.hair-styles.net/medium/large/m18.htm

Anonymous said...

DO I even have to post my vote?

Although, I do like pic 3

I can't seem to get rid of mine. It's my glory I tell you

Powered By Blogger