We have given Judah two official table foods now, all mashed up of course. The first was banana and of course he like it -- he's my child. The second was potato. We now know that Judah will NOT eat what he does not like. First bite = squenched up face. Second bite = squenched up face + shiver. Third bite = zero. He wouldn't even unsquench his lips to allow any part of that potato spoon in his face. So I got him some baby food mixed veggies (a favorite) instead. I felt bad because with the first bite of the veggies, I could tell he didn't trust me because he made a squenched face when I approached his face with the spoon. Too bad the camera batteries were dead. :-(
There's whitish/yellow creamy looking stuff starting to appear around the base of my baby potted palm where the stems meet the soil. This seems like it should not be a good sign, but I've always wanted a palm plant. Do I have to throw it out? I know not else what to do.
Titus 2sdays was great today. Matt has decided he will stay home and watch Judah every other Tuesday morning so I can spend time with the ladies at church...just me. The practical part today was on breast cancer awareness by my prayer partner Cindy who is also a family doctor. The spiritual part was on a method of Bible study. I love the group I'm in this year! A good mix of ages and walks of life.
We did get the Tae Bo DVD we ordered. Have we done it yet? Ha! Soon, I promise.
Anybody else getting annoyed about this produce E-coli thing? I just threw away a very nice head of green leaf because of the newest recall (only affecting 7 states) on produce from Salinas Valley. I'm not sure how much we'll be touting the fact that we lived in the Salinas Valley when we move. Although, when you say you moved from "Salinas"... I just want some spinach with my cottage cheese and toasted almonds! And I still am waiting to try Olive Garden's spinach alfredo. Of course, now that spinach is ok, we don't have that extra $25 sitting around like we did last month. Isn't that usually how it goes? :-P
Speaking of produce...Gilroy is the garlic capital. Want proof? This is ONE clove of a bulb I recently bought from Safeway. The recipe called for two cloves. I used one.

Hope you all are sleeping well! Off to sleepy land I go. Lost: Season 3, Episode 2 is tomorrow night!

8 comments:
My Randomninity :D
That is an amazing garlic clove!
I knew, and am glad, Matt won the hair wars.
Judah doesn't like potatoes??? How were they fixed? Mixed veggies instead...that gives me the shivers.
Do a google on potted palm fungus, that might get you some answers. Don't throw it out...yet.
I'm so glad you like you Titus 2sday group this year. Did they talk about all types of breast cancer including "infammatory Breast Cancer"?
Starting exercising is hard
I just read that the lettuce is probably okay...oh well, maybe yours wasn't and the Lord protected you:)
It is only 4:42 your time right now so I hope you are sleeping well, enjoying sleepyland.
Is that Matt wearing your Pampered Bride apron? Cloud has taken to chewing the ends off of the ties...
And shouldn't the husband win the hair war, anyway? Isn't he the one who sees you the most?
Talk to you later.
I wasn't trying to win anything. Just trying to be clever. :o)
niiice clove of garlic there! I LOVE fresh garlic and will be using some today to make hummus..mmm. (see my recipe @ savary sensations)
and yes, starting exercise is hard, but once you start you feel so gooooood!
I love random posts... and should do one myself! I have never heard of somone trying potatoes on a bay so young, I don't think any baby would like it, mostly for the texture!! :-P I am surprised you have not tried bananas yet!!! That is what we always do first and I think it was Victoria that would eat a WHOLE one when she was first eating!
I too am glad, after last year, that you like your Titus 2sday group. Where is this group meeting? Any closer to your house?
Love ya!
I googled "Avatar" and am now more confused than I was a minute ago, when "Avatar" was absent from my mental dictionary. I'm gonna need a visual aid accompanied by some explanatory dialogue.
Oh, and all this hair talk made me think of something...check your email; I'm sending you an attachment. : )
A few hours? We're coming into town for a couple of days!
my kids also ate bananas like monkeys... then they would get sick of them from eating so many bunches
I eat bananas daily... with peanut butter :)
Me love garlic.
And as for coming to CA. Turns out I have not the moolah. Ah well. I drove to Chicago.
Maybe I'll make it out there yet.
Post a Comment