Friday, September 29, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Disclaimer: Autumn and I each posted without the other's knowledge -- so the similarities in our Happy Birthday posts are because my mom is genuine in who she is!

To my Momma! I love you!

My Momma - She gave birth to me, kept me, raised me; prays for me, talks to me, blesses me. This kind of mother is fast becoming rare in today's society!
One of my greatest friends - She's always there for me when I need conversation, encouragement, recipes, counseling, Judah clothes, snail mail, medical consultation, news updates...she tends to be my end all say all.
My Confidant - I know I can share deep thoughts and struggles with her without fear of condemnation or shame. Many times, she has been there herself, knows the feelings, and is increasing her knowledge of Scripture which in turn makes her a great counselor!
My Example - If ever you knew a generous person, you know my Momma! I am certain my love for giving to others and wanting to see smiles on their faces came directly from her. It tickles me pink (her favorite color!) to see how she can pinpoint EXACTLY what a person needs/wants and then provides it!
A poem I wrote back in 1992 about her that still rings true years later...


A mother's love is like
The stars glittering at night,
When you are wrapped up so warm and tight.
~
A mother's love is soft -
Like bunnies in the loft
Looking for carrots to keep
So later they can eat.
~
A mother's love is warm.
It doesn't let a heart get torn.
It comforts when someone mourns.
It never ended since you were born.
...........................................................................................................
Ps - Don't forget to look at the previous Growing Judah post!

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Happy Birthday, Kathie!!!! I thank God for you, selfishly, because you are the mother of one of my most precious friends. I am thankful for you too, for all of your encouragement, long-distance and never meeting you as it may be, that you have been to me over the years! I pray that God gives you many more years to know Him and to serve others! Blessings!

Autumn said...

yes, Happy Happy Birthday!!! see my blog if you haven't already.

Kathie said...

Thank you!!! all of you. God is sooo good to encourage me through you all! Sometimes it seems that I'm just going through life and not making any difference. So I thank you again...now to go look at Autumn's blog :)

Cjsmomx6 said...

Her children will rise up and call her blessed. WOW! What a great birthday present. I would wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. I know you will be as great a mom as Kathie has been to you

Powered By Blogger