Friday, February 03, 2006

Early Morning Post


Ok, so it's not that early to the rest of you. But a 7:30 am post is unheard of for me. Mostly because I'm never on the computer this early, but Matt left at 7:00 and for some weird reason I'm awake. For now.

These flowers were a blessing from above by means of my mom. I've been quite overwhelmed lately with the whole process of labor and delivery. Not overwhelmed in a bad, sad, angry, joyous, anxious, or excited way. Just flat out overwhelmed. I think it is because 1) I now know what my body is capable of and will inevitably do and 2) AWE at the INCREDIBLE way God has designed the female body. You all wouldn't believe how many intricate details work together to form, carry, and deliver a baby. Well, unless of course you've had a baby before. :-) I kept telling Matt that I know God has made me for this. But, God knew I needed someone ELSE to tell me that. And you know what He impressed upon my mom to put in the note that came with the cheery flowers? "You are designed for what is ahead." Stopped me in my tracks and made the tears flood my cheeks and wash away the burdensome overwhelmed feeling. Since that afternoon, instead of being emotionally overwhelmed when I think about the NEAR future, I have that kind of gentle excitement and quiet anticipation within me. Hmm, sounds like God's peace, huh? Thank you, Momma, for your generous surprise and much needed encouragement. I wonder if God plants glorious flowers for YOU every time you send them to Aut and I. I'll definitely have to visit your mansion in glory!

My doc appt went very well yesterday. Matt came back with me and was able to witness Dr. G's amazing turn around in bedside manner. So talkative and friendly again! Praise the Lord! I only gained 1 pound the past two weeks (woo hoo!) and my BP was 110/60 (very good!). My belly measures 35 cm which is right on target for being 35 weeks, and Judah's heartbeat was fine. But here's the interesting piece of news...

I asked Dr. G if he does inductions because we learned about them in class on Tuesday night. He said he does them whenever he can! He explained to us his reasons why and the method he uses depending on when and why he is inducing someone. He said that if I do not go into labor by March 13th, he'll begin induction that day! Now, if that's not a cool but weird thought, I don't know what is! That means that Judah will be born NO LATER than the 13th or a couple days after depending on the induction process and my body. The true end is in sight. No more "how far past the due date will I go?" Now it's just "will I have Judah before the 13th?" It's exciting! Especially since I KNOW now that Nonie and Thea will still be around! But, of course, if he comes early...odie weldie! I'll be callin' up someone from church!

Speaking of, this weekend is the ladies' retreat. I'm looking forward to it, though it will be interesting to find out how I will do at a camp in the mountains (yes there are cabins, not tents) while pregnant. I already got special permission to have snacks in my room even though the camp does not allow it. I'm still trying to decide if I can/should take two or three of our king sized pillows. They're only twin beds, so I'm not sure three would fit. It's just two nights. Maybe I'll be ok?

I am excited about the topic, Treasures of the Heart. It is all about Scripture and how we are to hide in our hearts and such. Perfect for what has been the growing desire of my heart lately! What I am looking forward to most is getting to know more ladies and becoming better friends with the ones I already do know. A few of them know one of my intentions is to single out a couple or three that I can feel comfortable enough calling up to be my secondary coach just in case no family is here when Judah is born. One of them, Robin, her HUSBAND had quite the conversation with Matt and I last Sunday about how his wife would LOVE to be our support person and to feel free to call her up...that she'd get to the hospital the moment we did. Not because she necessarily loves labor/delivery (though she's done it 7 times) but because she just loves to support people. I can see that in Robin. But I've got my eye set on Karen. I have felt from the moment I met her that we are supposed to be friends. Whether it's to establish a good friendship, a mentorship, or to have her help with the birth of our first child, I don't know. I just know God put a spark in my heart for her, and I think she feels the same way. We'll see!

I hope the food is good.

I'm gonna go take an early morning nap. Then it's off to packing, small grocery shopping, baking chocolate chip pumpkin mini muffins for retreat, an afternoon nap with Matt, dinner at (probably) In 'n Out, then off to rendezvous with the ladies who will drive me to the retreat!

Have a splendiferous weekend!

2 comments:

Kathie said...

::tears:: to think that God would provide me with flowers :) If you have read my blog recently you will understand the tears...my emotions are a bit raw right now. I'm so glad God used me...but I've already told you that. Have a great weekend, I'll be praying :)
momma

Anonymous said...

That's weird, how you kinda know when your baby will be born. Makes it easy for family to come and be with you!

Powered By Blogger