Monday, February 06, 2006

Retreat I: What a weekend!

Ok, so the exclamation point is a little too energy-filled for what I am right now. Boy, am I exhuasted! But it was such a wonderful weekend. God really answered prayer -- I got to know PLENTY of new women and the ones I already knew a little I got to know alot better.

I requested to room with Karen, and thought it would be nice to room with her, Robin, and Norma. But I could only ask for one. But guess what! They were ALL in my room...plus crazy fun Tricia (who almost immediately started massaging my back when I got to the room) and her neighbor Sandy (who came to Christ Sunday morning! more on this later...). It is overwhelming to see the love of Christ POUR out of these women. The joy and exhuberance they have in serving others. The crazy personalities they have. Well, ok, Tricia and Karen are by far the craziest. Norma and Robin are much more "normal." ;-) I am happy to say that just before we left on Sunday, I was able to tell Robin she can be my secondary coach and then told Karen and Doreen that they can be my "maternal" support and emotional encouragement. I couldn't choose just one. I love them all and see how each of them can help if my family isn't here when I go into labor. Not to mention, if I chose one, the cat fighting over who got to do it might have gotten worse! But it was hilarious to watch! And I felt honored, in a weird way, to be fought over by women who could be my mothers (except Karen, she's the youngest of them).

I will post pictures later when Blogger decides to cooperate. And don't worry. There is much more to come about the weekend. I just don't want to take up the whole Internet with one post, and I need a nap now.

Pray for my left ribs. Something is painfully wrong. I hope it is nothing too serious, and I don't think it is. But it HURTS!

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

I'm feeling the same... :-) A nap will feel, oh, so good!

Autumn said...

hey I just woke up from a nap, we were all napping together maybe? I hope you're feeling better soon, Dawn!

Powered By Blogger