Monday, February 13, 2006

Nice Weekend

You know how my days are usually spent either in solitude or talking to people on the other side of a computer screen? Well, this weekend was PEOPLE filled! Saturday we went to a "Pink Panther Party" in Santa Cruz. Half the people were from church, including the host couple, and the other half were "strangers." The food was EXCELLENT thanks to Todd's finesse with the grill and tri-tip. You've never had tri-tip unless you've had his. I was able to make a dessert -- Strawberries & Cream Cloud. Boy was it TASTY! Momma had the idea to cut the strawberries into heart shapes instead of doing it the way the recipe said. You can't go wrong with angel food cake, vanilla pudding, strawberries, and whipped cream. It was GONE...to my delightful dismay (don't have to be tempted at home but still want to eat some!).

Matt and I exchanged Valentine's Day gifts when we got home. He got his first half of his gift -- one that I am still very excited about! It is so his style and works so much better than the thermoses we have. He found, at Toys R Us of all places, an alarm clock that BOTH projects AND plays a cd. We've been searching for quite a while for one. I can not tell you how lovely it is to just open my eyes and see the time rather than taking a minute or two to strain and sit up just to see the stupid clock. He gets the second half of his gift tomorrow (which I can't post pictures of yet obviously). Sometime later this week or maybe Monday (holiday for Matt) we are going to have the meal date portion of our Valentine's Day.

Yesterday was even more people filled:
~Brunch with Todd at the Cozy Cup before church (Matt had clam chowder for the FIRST TIME ever...can't believe it)
~Morning service (Explanation of not giving what is holy to dogs and not casting pearls before swine...excellent message)
~Lunch at Taco Bell with Robin & kids and Curtis and Mandy (Crunch Wraps with beans instead of meat are oh so tasty!)
~Robin's house to kill 30 minutes (So peaceful to be in a home and we loved the layout of the downstairs...thinking towards the future)
~Baptism service (7 people baptised, from old to young)
~Duane and Doreen's house to kill an hour (LOVE their furniture and decorating even though it is still in process...we have VERY similar tastes in color and style)
~Evening service (The basic principles of hermeneudics)
~Denny's with Kim and Moses for a late dinner (and a pancake fix for me)

It was so much fun! But man is it still surprising how tired I get from just being out all day! It has made our hearts glad today to think about yesterday...how God has blessed us so richly with a group of people who are so welcoming and generous with their families and homes. He didn't create the "Body of Christ" just for Himself, you know. Mainly, yes, but He also knows how much we need each other. And for that I thank Him!

5 comments:

Autumn said...

man that's a lot of eating out! Sounds like a busy and FUN day!

Dawn said...

yes, it was a lot of eating out! Thankfully Todd paid for brunch, and the other two are cheap...and we haven't spent too much of our dining budget this month. :-)

Anonymous said...

I spent so much money in St. Louis, I don't want to think about it :) Glad you had a good weekend, too. I'll tell everyone you said Hi.

Jaclyn said...

I ate out three times this weekend... unheard of!!! I paid for two, ack, and another family paid for our whole gang!

You did get your pancakes, huh? ;-)

Christa Blakey said...

Dawn-
Sounds like you two had a great weekend. I smiled when I saw the part about Taco Bell...I remember making runs with you to Taco Bell while we were in college! One of these days we'll meet up for another lunch like that together! Hope all is well with you today:)
-Christa

Powered By Blogger