My brain's fuzzy right now. I can't really remember all that has gone on this week. Perhaps that means not much did? :-P Let's see...
Matt had Monday off. It was so nice to have him home all day. We got some cleaning done and finished finding the right places for all of Judah's goodies from the surprise baby shower. I still need to get all of his clothes and blankets washed! But first I have to fold that load in the dryer...that's been there for like 2 or 3 days.
Tuesday I went to Titus 2sdays. Carolyn did a second devotion on submission. Be sure to keep checking out my other blog, The Sanctifying Truth. She really hits the nail on the head...over and over and over!
Wednesday. Oh yes. That was a hard day emotionally for me, and Matt said his day was "off" as well. I dealt with a very good but tough e-mail which caused lots of deep thinking. Oh yeah, I took a 2 1/2 hour nap as well. And was still tired early in the evening. But both Tuesday and Wednesday ended on a fun note. ::hangs head in shame:: We've been sucked into American Idol. Lord, forgive me for my attitude towards those girls in Dixon who drove me up the wall with all their screaming and obssessing. But, at least, I'm mature about my American Idol watching. ;-)
Thursday, yesterday, we went to see our first accountant, recommended by Rich and Diane. Ok. Mine and Matt's first thoughts of him when he walked in? Dr. Phil! Totally in looks, voice, and mannerisms! Love the guy! And the accountant, too! It's going to cost much less than we thought, and this guy is very helpful and kind. He did ask at the end, "So are there any major changes coming up for you in 2006 we can be prepared for come next tax season?....well, aside from the obvious" (as he nods toward my belly). Such a fun guy! After that we spent some time at Starbucks doing our homework and reading for a Bible study we are part of that starts on Sunday. Then it was off to my weekly check-up...
I gained two pounds this past week...can I blame my mom for sending the Dove truffles? ;-) I'm ok with it though since I didn't gain a single ounce the previous week. And I've still got 2 pounds to go before I hit the mark I do not want to go over. So total so far I've gained about 30 pounds which, while at the higher end, is still the normal range. My blood pressure was 122/74, higher than it's been the whole pregnancy but still perfectly normal. I'm a little over 1 cm dilated, 40% effaced, and Dr. G stripped the membranes yesterday. (For those who aren't baby educated, that helps the body release a hormone that encourages contractions. He did it in hopes to avoid having to induce me...and several people have indicated they think Judah will now beat everyone to California. We'll see, though.) And it's true about the contractions being encouraged...I think I had mild intermitent achiness all night last night, and it's still there now though barely noticeable.
So, here I am today, quite groggy but doin' good. Matt and I are a little more excited/wondering just how soon Judah will be here now. Matt did request of me that I hold him in until next Friday because he's got a test on Monday and a test on Friday. Yeah. Let me get right on that, Hun. :-P
Wow, I haven't had a "mediocre" post in a while it seems. It was kinda nice and relaxing. Hope you all have a good day!

2 comments:
If Judah does come before the 8th, which I suspect is likely, that will be crazy. I hope that overall, the birth/labor is nice and trouble-free.
Can't wait to see the little guy. Like I said before, don't hesitate to call us once he's born...and after you've called your parents and stuff :)
woohoo!!! can't wait!!!
Post a Comment