Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!

If you could do anything with an unlimited amount of money and time for Valentine's Day, what would make it the perfect day? Put your answer in the comments for this post so we can all be entertained!

With Whom: MATT of course!
Place: Ritzy hotel on a white sand beach somewhere with aqua blue water and amazing rooms (that include a jacuzzi tub).
When: Stay the night before and all day Valentine's Day.
Breakfast: Belgian waffles topped with fruit/whipped cream for me and butter/syrup for Matt; English-style tea for me, toffee nut coffee for Matt.
Mid-morning: On the beach relaxing; professional massage for both of us together under a white awning with masseuses dressed in white; Kenny G "Paradise" playing softely; snack of varioius cheeses and crackers, grapes, and good water.
Lunch: Hotel restaurant, best seat in the house by the window overlooking the coast; grilled chicken pasta alfredo and caesar salad for me, chicken parmesan with pasta/marinara and french dressing salad for Matt; tiramisu for me and triple berry tostada for Matt.
Afternoon: Cuddled up on a really soft bed with big white puffy comforter and pillows watching a movie with the windows open and the breeze softly blowing; nap with the warm sunshine streaming in.
Dinner: Formal but tropical-ish attire and all spiffed up; candlelit incredible steak dinner with garlic mashed potatoes and sauted veggies (zucchini and squash for me) and sparkling cranberry juice.
Evening: Still in formal attire but barefoot, walk on the beach watching a gorgeous sunset; have a seat on a big comfy blanket and enjoy sumptuous chocolate cake with chocolate moose filling and strawberry compote on top, scoop of top quality vanilla ice cream on the side; again, Kenny G "Paradise" playing softly.

Ah, my day is refreshed just dreaming like that!
ENJOY YOUR VALENTINE'S DAY!

Here are some Valentine's Day pictures. The cards I made and sent people, the gifts Matt and I gave to each other, and the TASTY Strawberries & Cream Cloud cake I made last Saturday. (Two more pics to come when they arrive at their respective destinations and the recipients have seen them.)

8 comments:

Autumn said...

haha, can't wait to get mine! ;)

Jaclyn said...

Thank you for my present. I love the card. What you wrote about me is beautiful and encouraging! It presses me to be that way even more! I love you!

Anonymous said...

If I had those resourses I would like to be either in the mountains looking at Gods majesty or on the beach. Food - the best eggs benidict for breakfast, salad for lunch and fresh grilled salmon for dinner and creme brulee(spelling?) for dessert. All spent of course with my valentine of 25 yrs and a good book.

Jaclyn said...

I don't know if I will go as detailed as you did... but here it goes!
With Whom: Currently, I might say with my family or completely alone. In the future "best Valentine's Day" I have to say with Prince Charming (whoever that is :)
Place: If I am with my family I say home. If I am alone and money is not an issue I would say walking along the beach in New Zealand. With Prince Charming I would probably say the beaches of new Zealand too.
When: Ummm, Valentine's Day? The week before and after! :)
Breakfast: Fruit galore, bagels and a huge glass of cranberry juice.
Mid-morning: Walking along the beach and relaxing.
Lunch: Fruits and veggies, chicken salad on croissants, all kinds of cheese and crakers, with fresh water with lemons or raspberry lemonade.
Afternoon: An outback adventure tour in a Hummer H2, meeting natives and taking a lot of pictures :)
Dinner: Candlelight dinner ON the beach with the sun setting on the ocean with a goregous burst of colors! For dinner: chicken parmesan, steamed asparagus, garlic bread and anything chocolate for dessert!
Evening: Walking on the beach as the sun sets.

Dawn said...

Welcome Robin everyone! :-) Glad to see your a commentor! Hmm, so maybe you and my mom and Doreen all have something in common...a love for salmon and creme brulee! And Jaclyn, good idea about dinner ON the beach...but sandy food and hair blown in my mouth isn't my idea of relaxing. :-P

Jaclyn said...

WELCOM ROBIN!

Ahh, but the wind would not be that bad on a perfect night... gentle and cool, not overwhelming... I'd have a table out there... and if it was a perfect night, again... no sand would be there!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Robin, to the comments section of Dawn's blog.

Autumn said...

Hi Robin, who are you?

Powered By Blogger