Wednesday, January 25, 2006

It's a big big bed, with lots and lots of room...

Ok, so I changed the wording to Audio Adrenaline's Big House song. But you'll see why. The eastern king rails did indeed come yesterday, and the two nice men set up our bed for us. And as they left, my eyes just about fell out of my head. It is GORGEOUS..........and much more ominous looking that I thought it would be. :-P I can't tell you how bizarre it was sleeping on a "REAL big bed" as Autumn put it this morning. It really does make you feel more like the parents of a household when you've got a nice big bed to cozy up in. HA! But if I need a step stool, how on earth are kids gonna come bounding up on Saturday mornings? :-P And yes, I really need the step stool. I tried several ways to get up on the bed, but none of them worked. One way MIGHT work after I'm not pregnant anymore, but I'm not optimistic.

Still though, I am so excited and continue thanking God and Matt for providing the bed and dresser for us! Now if only our nightstands weren't so stinking short now...

The finished dresser wall.











The far wall with the mirror we got for VERY cheap at Target. First time we've had a full length mirror in our marriage too. It's kind of weird to see your whole self at one time when you are not used to it.











::breaks into song again:: It's a big big bed, with lots and lots of room. It's a big tall bed, that takes up the whole room...

12 comments:

Susan said...

I happened upon your blog yesterday when I was following "links" and ended up here. I had to smile today when I came back...because your bed post reminded me of when I got new couches last month and they seemed to swallow up my whole room! I love them...they were just overwhelming at first. Congratulations and Be Blessed!!

Jaclyn said...

I LOVE your rendition of the song! I think the bed beautiful! I chucked again when I read your comment about the stool, shorty!

Kathie said...

so, Jaclyn, how tall are you??? must be pretty tall to call Dawn short :)
Kathie

Autumn said...

Dawn IS kinda short, you have to admit. :) love yoU!

Jaclyn said...

I am 5' 5 1/2" :-) Not tall, but taller than Dawn!

Kathie said...

Jaclyn,we are about the same height then :)
Autumn, Dawn is shorter than Jaclyn and me but I bet we are short to you too...oh to be as tall as you are, or to have long legs anyway :) I love you too!

Anonymous said...

huzzah! that's way exciting. Is it as tall as mine, cause i have to take a running leap (and for all to know, I am 5'3")

Dawn said...

Ok, while the Hostess is away, the blog commenters will play, apparently! Thanks for the compliment, AUTUMN. :-P And JUST to point out, you all may call me short, but Thea is after all the shortest of all commenters listed here. I like being my height. It's the national average for American women...and I can't imagine how weird it would be to be Autumn's height and be as tall as my husband. Good thing Andy is tall!

Autumn said...

wait, I thought Matt was taller than I am... are you SERIOUS that you're the national average for women's height? I didn't realize there were that many shorter people! I was just thinking the other day... (of my short friend Donna) I wonder what it's like to be a mom and be that much closer to being on your children's level. Have you ever walked around "standing up" on your knees? It's waaaaayyy different! Experts recommend crawling around on the floor before you have a baby to see what hazards there might be... babyproof these things! (things baby could climb on, sharp table edges, outlets, choking hazards, etc. Most of those things (okay ALL of them) won't even apply in the first few months but it'll be here before you know it!

Autumn said...

oh boy, there's a can of worms for you... there ARE single ladies here and I KNOW you'll come back to see if anyone replied, lol

btw, "dork" is not a nice word, especially to a lady who is under the influence (of pregnancy hormones)

Dawn said...

Ha! If it was anyone but D-Rob or Paul, I might have been offended. Sure, there's one single lady who usually comments. But, D-Rob? No. I'm just gonna have to say no. You two are worlds apart in personality. :-P

Yes, Aut, the national average is 5'4" (5'3.8" to be exact). And last I heard, the average woman's weight is 145. And I'd forgotten to do the hands/knees approach. But we've known all along our coffee table is a huge head hazard...

Norma said...

Wow. That's big!

Powered By Blogger