Monday, January 23, 2006

Busy Day to Relaxing Busy Day

Wow! Yesterday was a whirlwind Sunday. Morning service, Starbucks run, membership interview with two elders, lunch with pastor & family for Matt and Todd to talk with Jim about the new church website, second Starbucks run (I had water this time) with Todd, Target to browse (ended up finding a STEAL on a full length mirror), back to church for evening service's annual business meeting (we've got SUCH a solid church), followed by a dessert fellowship. We were one of the very last few people to leave. Gone for 12 straight hours! It was such a fun day! So full of sweet fellowship and gaining more and more "family" away from home! Praise the Lord for His kindess in leading us straight to these amazing people!

Then there is today. Busy at home, but in a relaxing way. Typical e-mail, blog checking and posting, and of course chatting with Jaclyn and any family that gets on. But then the day's activity increases. Exercise, lunch, laundry, and finishing mending the dust ruffle. Why the mending? BECAUSE...our Eastern King bed rails arrive tomorrow! We're so excited! And I'll finally get to show you all how beautiful our room is now!

But for now, I feel like copying Tracie. This is one of the coolest no-reason surveys I've seen...

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4- "...to follow you, then you will be free..." Genesis 24:8
2. Stretch out your left arm as far as you can. The printer.
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV? Today Show
4. Without looking, guess what time it is. 11:48 am
5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time? 11:52 am
6. With the exception of the computer, what do you hear? A neighbor vacuuming.
7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing? Around 9:00 am as I watched Matt walk to the car and we talked about how cold it was, he reminded me to exercise today, and we exchanged I love you's and blown kisses.
8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at? Caught up with my commenters on my two blogs.
9. What are you wearing? My Christmas pj bottoms, white long sleeve t-shirt, earrings, skivies.
10. Did you dream last night? Yes.
11. When did you last laugh? A few moments ago when I read that Thea called me a "Cheeky Minx." I love it when she says that.
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in? The infamous but beautiful big wooden fork and spoon from Hati that I made SURE Matt didn't do away with while we were cleaning out his grandmother's house.
13. What do you think of this quiz? I like that it has original questions.
14. What is the last film you saw? At the theatre - King Kong. On DVD - Crash. (very eye opening and thought provoking about racism and how our lives are all connected...but watch out for the L.A. style language)
15. If you become a multi-millionaire, what would you buy? Help our church find new property that doesn't have tiger salamanders on it and give to the building fund, save enough to all-out buy a house in MD when we move, pay off a few debts some of our friends/family have, get a Honda Pilot for Matt paid in full (and pay off our Accord), and have a day at a spa in Monterey for some prenatal relaxation!
6. Tell me something about you that I don't know. I now have to have the house at 68 degrees at night in order to remain comfortable. None of you except Matt know that because that is SOOO out of the ordinary for me. I think the "hot" part of pregnancy has finally begun for me.
17. If you could change one thing about the world, excepting politics and guilt, what would it be? Smoking, drugs, and abortion would be non-existant.
18. Do you like to dance? YES! I just don't have enough opportunity!
19. George Bush? A sweet, good-natured Southern boy who loves God and desires to do his best in serving the country God has placed in his hands. And he adores his wife too!
20. Imagine your first child is a girl. What do you call her? Elaina Marie
21. Imagine your first child is a boy. What do you call him? I don't have to imagine this one. Judah Gabriel.
22. Would you consider living abroad? Consider, yes. Do...I'm not sure. It would depend on where and why.
23. What do you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gates? "Welcome home. Be at rest. And enjoy my company forever!"

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

How fun this quiz was! I may do it too... who knows! Love you!

Autumn said...

lol I stole that quiz from Reb. Sim. before you and Tracie even did it.. it's completed and saved as a draft. :)

Powered By Blogger