So, Jaclyn's sweet dad asked me the other day if I've done "nesting" yet. I told him no because I clean pretty regularly, though not as ferociously as I used to. But today is the first day in a long time where I've done the cleaning all at once, with only a couple water breaks. I guess I could be nesting since the time is getting closer. I did our dry erase calendar today for February...and a few days of THE month are now on the calendar! Eek! :-)
But...it also could be the cinnamon rolls and coffee we had for breakfast that made me clean the bathrooms, dust, scrub the coutners, do the dishes, do some laundry, rearrange and perk up my birthday flowers...because of the sugar and half-caf high! :-P Remember my post a while back where I tried cinnamon rolls using my biscuit recipe? Well, thanks to Food Network and Semi-Homemade Cooking, I think I've discovered an easier way to assemble them. All you gotta do is:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.In a small bowl, combine 1 cup brown sugar and 1 Tbs cinnamon. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine:
2 cups flour
1 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs baking powder
1 tsp salt
Cut in 1/2 cup shortening (or butter). With a fork, stir in 3/4 cup milk until dough leaves sides of bowl.
On a floured surface, knead dough with a little more flour 10 times. Roll or pat out to 1/4" thick rectangle (or as close to a rectangle as you can get). Butter entire surface using almost a whole stick of softened butter. Spread out and pack on brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
Starting at one end of the rectangle, roll dough tightly making sure to get a packed log. Use a bread knife to cut the log into 1/2" to 3/4" sections. Place in a baking stone or greased pan. Bake for 15-20 mintues.
Meanwhile, combine 2 cups powdered sugar, 2 Tbs milk, and 1 tsp vanilla. Whisk together until completely smooth. Continue adding powdered sugar until you reach a thick, smooth glaze. Pour on top of rolls when they come out of the oven.
I didn't remember the exact amounts of sugar/cinnamon or powdered sugar glaze, but who cares. It still turned out. I think she might have used canned bread dough or something like that. I used my biscuit recipe, guesstimated the amounts of filling and glaze, and used her method of assembly. I think I shall call them "Sunrise Cinnabiscuits." How's that sound? They go great with coffee, by the way!
And yes, if you are health conscious at all, you will probably feel guilt after you eat three of them and have a cup of vanilla nut coffee. Definitely a fat and sugar splurge...but hey, it gets your house clean! :-D

5 comments:
what exactly is nesting? like, does this have to do with baby-time? i confused, and kinda nervous. meanwhile, yes please, sunrise cinnabiscuits make me happy.
sounds deliciously indulgent! make them for me someday... you never told me when I will finally get to meet Judah...
miss yoU!
Sounds like nesting to me.
love ya, Janet
Thea...nesting is what people call when a very pregnant woman all of the sudden has energy (somehow) and cleans her house top to bottom, organizes, etc. It is said to be a natural preparation for the soon coming baby.
Autumn, yes I did. ANYTIME you want to get yo booty over here! If not that, then I'm not really sure. Next easiest time would be when we are in IN for Christmas '06.
Um, but nesting can happen a month beforehand right? :-?
Dawn,
I think you are just a nester because you do nesting type stuff even when you aren't pg :) You just like a clean and organized house...I wonder where you got that?? :)
momma
Post a Comment