Friday, January 13, 2006

Copying Autumn...


Thirteen Things I look forward to with OUR NEW FAMILY



1. Judah's first smile.

2. Seeing Judah's eyes looking at Matt and I.

3. Watching Matt hold Judah in the mornings when he's dressed in his business attire. (He
already pretended with a teddy bear and blanket we have in the crib right now. It was adorable!)

4. Laying down in our bed with Judah between us and playing with him.

5. The moments Matt and I will look in on Judah together as he sleeps.

6. Showing off our bundle of joy to our new church family.

7. The challenge of learning how to care for my own baby -- esp. learning which cry means what.

8. Catching Matt asleep with Judah cuddled on his chest.

9. Catching myself asleep with Judah cuddled on my chest.

10. Smelling that sweet baby scent...and realizing it's my own baby that smells that way.

11. The new dynamic Judah will create for mine and Matt's marriage. It has already brought us closer. I can already tell that I am still first to Matt, and he is still first to me. And both of us are more in awe of what God is doing with our lives.

12. The challenge of getting my body back with Matt's encouragement and Judah's willingness to live outside of me...and help "nurse" my body back! :-)

13. All the other firsts that will come later on -- giggles, picnics in the park, crawling, walking, babbling, talking, discovering hands and feet, play dates, cute toddler clothes...the list is endless as you moms know!

3 comments:

Autumn said...

so excited for you and Matt! When will I get to meet him?????

Dawn said...

DUDE! Whenever you get yo boo-tay ovah here! :-P You can come whenever you want!! You're always welcome. I just haven't asked you because I know you've got three kiddos and a husband to take care of. :-)

Norma said...

I got here from Autumn's site. You've got some great stuff here. I look forward to returning to see how the little family grows--and adjusts to the bed.

My TT is up.

Powered By Blogger