Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year

Can you believe it? 2007 is upon us. I graduated highschool 7 years ago. 9/11 was 6 years ago. The turn of the millenium was 7 years ago. Those sounds like quite a long time, and yet it seems like yesterday. And just three years ago today, Matt proposed to me...3 years. Now we've been married for 2 1/2 of those three years, have one kid and one on the way living all the way in CA. And I STILL think it was the perfect proposal -- I will cherish that story for years to come!

Poor Judah visited Matt's childhood doctor on Friday. He had several days of fever and now has quite the little cough. It's strange to hear him cough -- and I wonder what it is like for him to cough for the first time. I think it hurts his throat sometimes because he gives a little cry after the harder coughs. I think he is on the mend. The doc said that it was more than likely teething...he has, after all, gotten three top teeth in the time we've been here! And I do believe there are a couple more to come very soon.

Fun news, though. We've introduced him to the world of finger foods. He's had Mamaw's pancakes, lightly buttered toast, goldfish, cheerios, turkey. He also has tried mashed potatoes (again) and a taste of vanilla ice cream which both made his chin break out in hives. Dairy? Who knows. He's had so much fun with feeding himself. To watch his little fingers pinch food and take it straight to his mouth is fascinating. He wasn't very good at it at first, but he caught on very quickly. And he does best putting food into his mouth with his right hand, though he can use his left hand for picking things up and pushing pieces farther into his mouth.

I've forbidden Brenda to make any more sweet dishes except for her banana pudding until we leave. Goodness! This is certainly a "home SWEET home" which I know Matt has enjoyed. Well, ok, I have enjoyed it too -- but more than I should! Pies, brownies, cakes, ice cream, Little Debbie treats, Twizzlers, etc. So tasty. And my hip/thigh region has thought so too. My belly is also pooching it's jiggly self a little more now. But, 'tis to be expected. I am 2 months pregnant now. I just hope it doesn't take years to get rid of this spoiled sweet tooth I've gotten. ;-)

I think we may end up doing a name game like Hong & Tami did. Give us suggestions for girls and boys names (first and middle), and if we pick your name you get a prize. :-) This will be a running game so you can leave a name in a comment from here on out regardless of what the post is about. :-) This should be interesting. I will say there is one boy's name I have begun to think about quite a bit, but it reminds Matt of Strongbad (for those who know what that is). I think maybe he could let go of the relation if he just thinks about the name a little more. It's not Biblical which suprises me. But I do like this name quite a bit. We'll see.

Ok, Matt wants to show his dad our church's website (link at left) and I need to go do a few things before we get to church. I hope you all have a wonderful celebration to bring in the New Year tonight! Love to all!

3 comments:

Paul said...

Male names: Levi, Benjamin, Joseph, Simeon, Dan.

Female: Naomi, Sara, Elisabeth, Deborah, Anna, Hephzibah.

OK, just kidding about Hephzibah. But Hephie would be such a cute nickname, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

Boy: Coach Z, Samuel, Chester

Girl: Marzipan or Elaina Marie - your girl choice from last year.

Happy New Year!

Kathie said...

Dad and I were at the Meadors last night and just after 12:00 I said "do you remember what we were doing 3 years ago?" :) Sweet, sweet memories. I will be interesting to see what names people come up with. I really love the name Elaina Marie. I'll have to think about a boys name. When you get home we will have to discuss my Christmas present from Dad :D I love you all and I'm missing you alot. Have a good time with A/A this evening:D

Powered By Blogger