...to start a pregnancy. Just as my irritating-but-not-dibilitating all day sickness kicked in, my body decided to get sick. The nurse thinks it is flu, but I think it could be that and/or some kind of intestinal irritation. It is NOT fun -- nagging slight fever, coughing, congestion, extra nausea, tender and bloaty abdomen, a load of exhaustion. And taking Target brand's cold/flu relief liquid is like drinking a bag of Hall's cough drops...which I can't stand. But the stuff works. I just hope it's all over soon. I'd settle happily with just the all day sickness.
At least the nurse was able to quench my slight fear that it could be lysteria since there have been recent cases of it from Jamba Juice...and we had Jamba on Sunday. She said lysteria is much worse with an uncontrolable fever. I go next Friday for my first prenatal appointment, so I look forward to that day to find out if all truly is well and good to go. Hmm, makes me wonder if technology itself, though a gift from God by way of His blessing of intelligence, actually makes us weaker in faith. Women used to have NOTHING to assure them their baby was ok until it was born -- talk about trusting God's control!
Anyway, on a brighter (and maybe scarier) note, Judah is pulling up more and more. Today alone he's pulled up on his toy turtle, the laundry hamper, the coffee table (yipe!), and his crib. Gone are the days of ever leaving him in his crib with the railing down. Matt went in to check on him because he was whining a while after we put him to bed. Judah was standing there, one hand on the side rail and the other on the front rail. TOTALLY could have flipped over and out. Thank you, Lord, for protecting him and giving us a warning! Whew! So maybe he really will skip hands/knees crawling and go straight from dragging to walking...
Matt's 5th quarter is about to end. That means there are only three left. Time. Has. Flown.

5 comments:
EWWWW, I'm SO sorry you're feeling so icky! I'm praying for you! It sounds like you need some extra energy to be running after Mr Judah Go-Getter! Don't let him skip the crawling stage--it is INCREDIBLY important for the developement of his brain and learning functions!
If I lived in Cali, I'd come and help you chase him down :), but I guess prayers will have to do!
Blessings dearie!
Hi Dawn--sorry to hear you are sick, Does Judah have it too? That's great (not scary!)that Judah is pulling up! My mom said I never crawled either, but just pulled up and learned to walk first.
I totally related to your thanks to the Lord for protecting little Judah, I am often saying those prayers when I realize how much He protects Tyler. Feel better soon, my friend!
Sorry you feel so horrible! I'll be praying for you. I totally understand your fears for this new little life, but put your hope in the Lord (and I know you are). He will give you the strength and grace for each new day. Praying for you...
Paul has five more weeks of school...and it's over. Crazy to think we'll both be done - finally. I feel like we've been in college student mode FOREVER.
Feel better soon.
Some infections can have gastrointestinal involvement. Take meds, take Vit C, feel better!
Take care, precious.
Post a Comment