This is what happens when you cut a cucumber in half and leave it for a few mintues. Awesome, huh???

This is the quilt I made with Diane...it's a t-shirt quilt made with old memorable t-shirts of their four kids. A great way to save those mementoes without 1) never seeing them 2) taking up storage space. The backing is from their oldest daughter, a blanket she ALWAYS had wrapped around her. The square patch on the back is the names of their four kids along with Father's Day 2006 emboidered on it. It was the first of this type of quilt I had made, so I just about broke my brain's gears doing all the measuring/math. I was able to teach Diane some basic sewing skills while keeping her machine here for me to play...I mean sew...on. I have been able to do this quilt, a bright baby quilt for Jason & Jodee, fix our chenille throw, and am now finishing up a quilt for Rachel (Diane's youngest daughter) before I give the machine back. Someday, Lord, perhaps you could provide a machine all my very own? ::puppy dog eyes::

These next three are some of the many gifts showered on us during the Esparza family visit. The first is a carving of Noah's Ark done by a friend. It is so intricate! He did it all with a bandsaw. We have yet to find something to hang behind it so it stands out from the wall. A textured white wall does not lend itself to the beauty of the wood or the detail of the carving. If you look carefully in the top left corner of the main body of the ark -- second row down -- fourth animal over, you will see a little turtle. Apparently, the carver accidentally cut off this tiny turtle from his first Noah's Ark and started ALL over because he knew it wouldn't be perfect. An heirloom for sure! We also received two quilts from Grandma (Judah's great grandma) that I just LOVE -- especially the color block quilt. So bright and cheery! I admit I even had thoughts of "How can I add to this quilt to make it the centerpiece of a king size quilt to fit...OUR bed?" But alas, I must sacrifice and let my son receive the gift meant for him. :-) He loves the colors and it is a perfect size for floor-play. He also loves to stare at the animals and sun on the other quilt.
And now, I must needs go to bed. I COULD have gone to bed an hour and 10 minutes ago. ::sigh:: Silly me. Gotta help Diane pack some more tomorrow! Off to bed I go now like a good little girl...
By the way, Aut...I finally fixed the TMC alumni post so Matt is going to the NavAl Post Graduate School rather than the NavEl Post Graduate School. Thank you for correcting my comical yet highly embarassing error. I wonder how many other people noticed and wondered...




7 comments:
what a cool cucumber picture :)
lol, Matt you are hilarryious :D
::rolls eyes at both of you:: If you're competing with each other, I'd have to admit my mom's was more clever. But then, she wouldn't have put that were it not for Matt's Larry the Cucumber comment.
Fine, you both win the award for Most Corny Commentor.
I hate it. Both were the kind of comments I give a sarcastic laugh to at first but then find myself really thinking it was humorous. ::sigh::
:)
Sorry, can't find anything witty to say...too tired.
I love the quilts. Make me one? *gives you the sad puppy dog eyes*
Man...so much for that.
;)
Ha! I thought it but wasn't going to be that mean. ;-) I promise I'll make you a quilt someday, Tracie...but I just returned the sewing machine to Diane. I'm not ready to try an entire quilt by hand...and I need to focus on scrabooking before Judah turns 18... :-)
Post a Comment