Happy Birthday, Jaclyn!
Just as you are, so I desire to be. You are an inspiration spiritually and mentally. You spur me on towards love and good deeds. You convict me, encourage me, and walk alongside me. You conduct your life with grace, beauty, and full trust in God's plan for you. To be more like you would be a wonderful thing...because you are so much like Christ.
As you walk life's journey, I wish to walk it with you. There are two songs that make me think of you, my other dear friend Rachel, and my husband Matt. The first is by Todd Proctor, the second Shane & Shane.
Take my hand and walk with me down the road of eternity.
We will follow where He leads down the road of eternity.
You and I will run. You and I will run forever. All is done. You and I will run forever.
I have no greater joy than to know that not only do I get to walk life's journey with you on earth, but that when either of us closes our eyes, it is only a temporary separation. Meet me at the feet of Jesus, ok?
Clearly, you are His. I know of no other person in my life who is as sold out to Christ as you are. I'm sure there are some, but I see the very heart of you because of all that we have shared. Christ is written on your heart, your smile, deep within your eyes, and on your fingertips. You have a fire and passion for all to know of Him. You help make Him the Famous One.
Love seeps out your pores! Love for your God, your family, the church, other peoples, your friends, your life, and so much more. Your love is expressed in all ways - kindness, compassion, service, admonishment, joy, tears, laughter, plane tickets, snorting to make my son laugh... If Christ is the vine, then you are the fruits of the Spirit hanging from Him -- love being the core of each one.
Yesterday seems so long ago. Was there ever a time that I didn't know you? Of course, but it doesn't feel like it. I can not imagine life without you. How DIFFERENT would my life be if I didn't have my cyber-friend -- another woman to share my heart with, to live life with, to spill my thoughts to, to pick me up when I've fallen? Yesterday I didn't know just how strong the bond of Christ is. Today I know. He has given me a best friend for 6 years that I've only seen once and yet the trust between us is far beyond words. He is our cement. I am His, He is mine. You are His, He is yours. Therefore you are mine, and I am yours!
Now to many more years. You've watched me go through singleness, dating, marriage, and childbirth; and yet you have not wavered in your perspective of me. You are rare, Jaclyn. Most friends put up a wall that separates me from my past life because I'm a wife and mother now instead of a single working gal. That is part of why I cherish you so much. You have no walls for me even though you desire what I have with all your heart. That is why I feel safe with you, why I can talk freely about marriage and motherhood...asking your advice and thoughts constantly. Your friendship is the definition of truly rejoicing with those who rejoice and weeping with those who weep. I can not wait for the years ahead, my Friend. To watch each of our lives continue to change but never having our love for each other change. And I already cherish all the years to come when we will continue to live this adventure called life together!

2 comments:
and Jaclyn is just as lucky to have YOU, Dawn!
Goodness, gracious, Dawn... trying to make me bawl or what???
I am honored beyond what words can describe. You mean the world to me. I truly do not know what to say... so I will say thank you and
I LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment