
AND I took a walk per my husband's request (to get out of the house) and browsed Pier 1 just because. What did I find? FIVE of our toasting flutes!!! On SALE!!! $1.98 each! Back Story: Nonie got us our first two for our wedding. Simple, gorgeous, tradition with a twist. Double Tree broke one, and set out two of their very plain champagne flutes -- forever remembered in our toast photo. ::sigh:: We never got the one back that didn't break and were later told we could have taken the flutes we used. Gee, thanks. I think we did get $50 reimbursment though. Someone (maybe Nonie?) bought us a second set. We broke one later on, and began the hunt for new ones. No Pier 1 we visited had them. Until yesterday...2 years and 1 month after our wedding. So we bought all five of them. We now have 6, which in my brain is a full set considering the history of these flutes. :-P

Next post will be a Judah fashion show!

5 comments:
I LOVE the furniture! I am honored that I got to help pick it out!!! AND your living room looks so much bigger without the TV. I cannot wait to come back and sit on it.... Love you!
Where'd the TV go? Meanwhile, those flutes are preeeettttty. You have to enlarge them to see the detail.
Yea!!! I'm so glad you found the flutes :) I'm looking forward to catching up with you when we get home. We are leaving cleveland this evening (thurs.) and will be home tomorrow evening.
cool... I like our flutes too, but we only have 4. Pier 1 is totally cool! They have fabulous clearance sales I have recently discovered. :)
Hey! Love the new furniture and the flutes are sooo cute. I am glad that you found them and so cheap too. That big cheir looks sooooo comfy. :)
Post a Comment