Galant, author of the blog "The Hidden Fountain" has tagged me with a short book quiz. It's a nice twist on the regular survey type blogs -- it gets you thinking and lets the rest of us know what good books are out there! I'll go ahead and exempt the Bible from these questions because it is the ULTIMATE book and is not comparable to any other book. I reserve the right to list more than one book if I want to.
One book that changed your life:
~Lies Women Believe and the Truth that Sets Them Free, by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. Every woman should read this book. It will open your eyes to things you never knew had crept into your soul and affect the way you live. Talk about massive cobwebs that need clearing!
~Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhod: A Response to Evangelical Feminism, edited by John Piper and Wayne Grudem. This is a book full of articles by various men and women and includes such topics as "Male-Female Equality and Male Headship," "The Church as Family: Why Male Leadership?," "The High Calling of Wife and Mother in Biblical Perspective," and even a chapter by Elizabeth Elliot giving her personal perspective of the essence of femininity.
One book you've read more than once:
~What to Expect When You're Expecting
~What to Expect the First Year
...Both are invaluable resources for pregnant and new parents! They are quick references and thorough reads for all that is happening at each stage of pregnancy and throughout your child's first year. They esp. come in handy when the doctor's office is closed and you need some advice.
One book you'd want on a desert island:
I agree with Galant on this one. Aside from the Bible, How to Survive on a Desert Island would be a priceless resource!
One book that made you laugh:
Stories for a Woman's Heart, compiled by Alice Gray. I have to admit that most books I read do make me laugh at some point or another...all the books I have mentioned have accomplished this (out of humor or because I find it funny when people point out the truest things in life about humans that are so obvious but no one talks about). But in order to not be redundant, I have listed this particular book because it is full of heartwarming stories that reach different areas of a woman's heart.
One book that made you cry:
Oh goodness. Let's try several. They are all by Francine Rivers, a Christian novelist.
~Redeeming Love
~The Scarlet Thread
~The Mark of the Lion series The Mark of the Lion series is THE BEST book series I have ever read...I'd read it over the Left Behind series for those of you who know how much I liked those (and they too made me cry). There are three books: A Voice in the Wind, An Echo in the Darkness, and As Sure As the Dawn. READ THEM!
One book you wish had been written:
Several that my husband has lurking around in his head, especially two. One is about the death of Adam, the first created human. The other is about a man who combats a new translation of Scripture that is dulling everyone's spiritual senses and paves way for acceptance of Antichrist.
One book you wish had never been written:
Any books that deny God, His Truths, His Word, His Son, His ways, His roles for humans, etc. And also the books that twist Scripture, add to it, or take away from it such as the "bibles" of other religions.
One book you're currently reading:
A Place of Quiet Rest by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. It is a book about how to carry out daily devotions starting with being devoted to your devotion to God and walking you through practical tips and methods of study.
One book you've been meaning to read:
::sigh:: Many still on my shelf! Here are a few...
~Desiring God by John Piper (I've tried this one several times, but never seem to get past the first few chapters).
~Jesus Among Other Gods by Ravi Zacharias.
~Holiness by JC Ryle
~Female Piety by John Angell James
Now tag 5 people:
Autumn
Momma
Christa
Tracie
Thea

5 comments:
will do, but not today since I already posted today
how will I ever decide??!?!?!? I am a bookworm in addition to the epicure thingy!
AAAHHHH!!! I knew you would tag me. This will be so difficult but I will try...give me a few days but then I don't have anyone to tag, no one else reads my blog anyway, so is it okay if it dies with me?
Thanks for tagging me, Dawn! I liked reading your answers, so do I post it at my blog or here to you in a comment? Sorry, I'm not really up on how getting "tagged" works!:)
Wow...that's gonna take a while. I might have it done today...
Christa, you can post your answers anywhere...though you would benefit many more people by posting it on your blog. You read GREAT books and I love the summaries you give!
Sorry for all the color mumbojumbo. As you can see I am working on changing the colors for August. :-P
Everyone be sure to tell Jaclyn Happy Birthday tomorrow!
And Happy 5 months to Judah! Gosh, has it been that long and yet that short?
Post a Comment