Saturday, July 02, 2005

Can't Sleep, therefore I Post

Yes, it is 4:25 and Dawn Esparza is awake and putzing around on the computer.

Matt got home yesterday. Praise the LORD! Everything in Baltimore went "stellar" and Matt feels confident that the job is almost a sure thing. I told him to make sure "almost" stays in that sentence. But God has been SO good to us. Matt had no effects of his mono while in Baltimore and was never nervous during his day-long testing. Both the polygrapher and the psychologist that analyzed him said he is a healthy man and there will be nothing bad on either of their reports. We are pretty sure we will know something by the end of July if not within the next two weeks or so. I hope he finds out before or after Guatemala!!! I told him he can't tell anyone until I get back. :-P

It has been such a BLESSING to have Thea here. My soul has missed it's mate more than I knew. I love that England, a husband, new friends, distance, and time can not change our relationship one bit. Oh sure, it changes in that it deepens and we mature. But it never lessens. And for that my soul exults! God knows I need her for life! I like to think that Thea and I have what could be called an example of the "perfect" friendship. Not by way of nothing wrong ever happens, of course. But perfect in health, success, love, and loyalty. (For those of you who are technical, Thea and I call each other our "soulmate" because that is just what it is. But, that doesn't mean she is more to me than Matt. How can you be a soulMATE with someone you are ONE with? Mate implies that there are two.) ;-)

All three of us got lovely sunburns at the pool yesterday. I even had on 45 sunblock. We made a jokey-joke on the way that it was a Spaniard, a Filipino, and White Girl (movie title worthy according to Matt). And guess who got burned the least! The smart white girl who wore sunblock. Poor Matt. He is soooo crispy on his face and front torso. His back is perfectly fine. Should make for an interesting tan...

Thea leaves today. I will miss her greatly, but I feel rejuvinated and refreshed!

And....today is mine and Matt's FIRST ANNIVERSARY! I can NOT believe it has been a year since our wedding day. Since I wore my gorgeous dress. Since I had all my beautiful bridesmaids by my side. Since I became a wife. Since I went to my dream spot Hawaii! I can not believe just how much has happened in our first year of marriage. A month of relaxing and living with each family. New jobs and a move to Jackson, TN. Church searching for 6 months and then landing at a wonderful one. Making several lovely friends as we have gotten involved in the church. Having the whitest Christmas of my life with our Indiana family. Taking a vacation to Louisiana to visit sweet friends in the Army. Helping Paul and Tracie get down the aisle in a beautiful way. Dealing with allergies and the "MS scare." Now dealing with Matt's mono and further testing. And especially the job opportunity with the Department of Defense. What a perfect way to usher in a new year of marriage...with the big changes of all that lurking around the corner. So weird and awesome and scary at the same time to think we may be completely gone from here in a month and a half.

God is good. There are no other words. I love that He keeps life interesting even when He is not required to. The more He does in our lives, the more I sit back in awe at how FUN the abundant life in Christ really is...even with the hard stuff that comes along.

I've written a book. It's now 4:40 am. Can you tell I'm really NOT tired??

2 comments:

Autumn said...

a little insomnia, eh? I wondered why I received my happy birthday IM at 5:51 AM. Thanks for the update! Let us know how your anniversary weekend goes! Love you both!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Have a good one - seeing as how you're spending the rest of your weekend with us! Ha! I'm looking forward to our weekend in Memphis, but you two should take this whole day for yourselves, you have my permission:)

See ya

Powered By Blogger