Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Doing Better

I did it! I exercised today...a 2 mile brisk walk with some arm strengthening. I feel so much better now.

My sinuses/allergies are a little better today. At least my face/head doesn't hurt anymore and I can somewhat breath through my nose when my mouth is closed.

My emotions are a lot better too. I think I am really coming to terms with Bethany and starting to remember all the sweet things about her rather than her actual death.

Still get nauseated when I think of Guatemala. Such a different trip from all the other ones I've taken. I was asked to share about it tonight at cell group. I hope Keath (youth pastor) doesn't get offended or put out because of my experience. It was pretty opposite to how most people react to a foreign missions trip. Still can't find my film. Still don't know how much I care.

I hope Melody calls us tonight, otherwise I don't know how it will work out picking her up in Chatnooga. SOOO excited about our 4th of July ice cream cake on Saturday with my family...sweet cream ice cream with coconut and cherries, yellow cake, white icing with cherry halves and blue icing stars! I so wish my family could have been with me in Memphis to see the AWESOME fireworks! Not to mention sitting by my grandmother and hearing "God bless the USA"...I miss that! But, the afghan she gave us at our wedding (crocheted American flag) looked WONDERFUL on our couch for the holiday!

I'm gonna go get some veggies to munch on. I'm glad exercise makes you want healthy food!

3 comments:

Autumn said...

YOU GO, GIRL!!! Dawn, I am so proud of you for exercising today even though you didn't feel like it! If I were there I'd put a gold star sticker on your calender...oh wait, I forgot you don't have one! Well, I'd DRAW one on your marker board. Love you!

Dawn said...

I love how you make me smile. I'll go put that star on my board right now! Thanks for reminding me! Now...gotta get one for today. To swim or walk?

Autumn said...

So did you get another star??? :) I'm thinking I need a star today, too!

Powered By Blogger