Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Clean Paint Sewn to Suitcase

I've got a lot to do today! The apartment hasn't been cleaned (scrubbed I mean...it's straightened) in a week and a half due to Thea's visit, Matt's mono and trip, and other busy-ness. I also need to finish prepping the fabric for the banners my group is helping the Guatemala kiddos make to celebrate their new school. And then I need to pack up all the banner supplies in my extra suitcase. Tonight is our last Guatemala meeting/packing party. Each of us will carry two suitcases: 1 personal, 1 filled with supplies. I can't believe I'm leaving on Sunday!!!

On the Guatemala note, God went ABOVE and beyond what I needed for funding. I was expecting only one more $100 check, having told several not to give because I didn't need anymore. Yesterday I got $200 in the mail and found out that people at church had given $120 to my account. So as of now, I'm $220 over! Who knows what our mailbox will see in the next few days! Thankfully, the extra is not in vain. Whatever is over in anyone's account spills to those accounts that still need funds. After that, it goes towards supplies for the trip. After that, it goes into the "pot" for next year's Guatemala trip! So good to see that the Body of Christ does not hoard their money...they have given so freely and sacrificially!

Yesterday was Tracie's birthday...Paul surprised her with a new kitten! Long haired calico colored. Name: Abigail...Abby for short. She is SOOO affectionate for an 11 week old kitten! She is also very playful. Ever seen a laser pointer and a cat? Great fun!

Anyway, I'm gonna go do a little more cleaning. I'm pacing myself so I don't get sick of it!

2 comments:

Autumn said...

I didn't sent the little prayer support card in time, but know that we are praying for you!

Jaclyn said...

God always gives us more than we ask for! I am soooooo excited for you!

Powered By Blogger