Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Yawn

I'm back. I'm exhausted. So much is going on in life, and I'm not quite sure when it will slow down.

Guatemala was fine. I'll be posting about that over the next few days from my journal that I kept while there. It's hard for me to think about Guatemala right now because it makes me nauseated just thinking about it. Weird, huh? Hope that stops soon. Can't find my three rolls of film. I'm hoping to track them down either at the Houston airport or in the church van. Please, Lord, have them be SOMEwhere reachable!

I think I'm over the hardest part of grieving Bethany's death and Matt Rehrer's loss of his entire family. Having found out the night before I left for Guatemala didn't let me realize just how much I needed to cry and grieve. That realization hit me especially hard yesterday. I was able to use the family's deaths as a devotional topic on Friday night. I spoke on the brevity of life, how we never know the instant it begins OR ends. And THAT is why we must be urgent and sincere in our evangelism. Thank you, my Matt, for that excellent perspective.

Meanwhile, while trying to catch up on sleep, I am having an "allergic reaction to the States" as my mom joked. I was perfectly fine in Guatemala despite some people's fears, but once we hit Houston my allergies/sinuses blew up. Now my whole face hurts, my neck is tense, and I'm congested to high heaven. I'm learning to let Matt do what he wants for me. It's hard not to feel guilty over him continuing to do things for himself and now me that I would normally do as his wife. But, it is nice that he WANTS me to lounge and relax. It relieves some stress to know he is perfectly fine with me not doing anything around the house today. I love him. :-)

Thursday we are going to stay the night in Chatanooga, TN, and pick up his sister Melody from a youth camp there on Friday. Then we are going to LR to share Guatemala stories/souveniers (for immediate family...money is limited). I was hoping to share pictures...but that may not happen. Then Melody will come back to Jackson with us for all next week, and we will drive to Evansville next weekend to take her back and share Guatemala stories/souveniers.

And then we might come back and pack quickly...if the DOD will call us and tell us we're in! Keep praying for our patience and that God would allow it to happen!

Gonna finish my cherrios.

1 comment:

Autumn said...

I love you, Dawn! I'm so glad you're home safe and sound. Continuing to pray...

and sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear that you're moving to my state!

Powered By Blogger