Monday, June 27, 2005

Anxious and Anticipating

Sometimes I sit alone in my thoughts...and then gasp.

This is the week of Matt's big day with the DOD in Baltimore. Thursday. Leaves Wednesday morning and returns Friday morning. He got diagnosed with mono last Thursday. God moves in mysterious ways. He is ok, but taking it really easy today and tomorrow to make sure he's as rested as possible. The doctor said Baltimore is perfectly fine as long as he feels up to it. Pray for health, nerves, clarity of thought and speech...and most of all a calm peace and faith in the God who has given this opportunity.

This is the week I get to see my best friend, and she gets to see my first home. I haven't seen her in months and months. I love that she is coming to keep me company (and sane) while Matt is in Baltimore. I love that I get to hear of all her grand adventures over in Europe...and just BE with her once more!

This is the week before the week I have to pack up and get to Guatemala. I was blessed once again today with financial support from a couple that has known me since I was three. A couple at ECC that DOESN'T EVEN KNOW ME gave quite a sum to my account. Among just 11 people/couples, I have received all but $330 of all $1200. That blows my mind away! I know of more that is coming, and I will end up with ony $130 left. God moves in fast and glorious ways to show His will and direction!

And I gasp because I realize how much the Lord's hand is in my life! Who said life was dull?

Christ gives it MORE abundantly...that's for sure!

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

Praise God for His provision! I am so excited for Matt, your job opportunity and the trip! I pray that God will show Himself to you more clearly in the weeks to come! I love you!

Powered By Blogger