Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Where have all the healthies gooo-ooone?

So that's my little morning song. I'll be going to the doctor today to see if I have strep throat and to get a new prescrip for my inhaler...which expired Dec '06. I'll be seeing a Dr. Romeo. Here's hoping he's nice. I havn't been to a general doc in years. Hopefully I can convince Matt to go with me in case he needs to go on meds too. He and I both have pretty bad coughs, along with Judah. 'Lij has a small cough.

On top of that, we had to take our Pilot in yesterday for some weird noises in the tire region. Honda deemed it undrivable! SOMEHOW the pneumatic suspension on one of the tires is shorn off and the axle bent. They said that is collision quality damage. But we haven't had any collisions. We don't remember any major pot holes or anything. There is no exterior damage, so no one hit our car while we were gone. We didn't notice the problem until we got back from vacation. It's a mystery -- an expensive one. Thankfully, USAA (LOVE them) is covering it as a collision that is not our fault. And once we get this puppy fixed, we're going to see about selling it and downgrading a little in hopes to get a family car and a cheap commuter car. Pray for wisdom!

Good news, though. Patrick almost died while we were gone. He's been resurected -- yet again. Matt said he was a goner, but I put in the (tiny bit of) work and time to bring him back to health. I really think that when I die, he'll meet me in my mansion. God must have given me an eternal plant. ;-)

Mmm....carrots. For those who don't know, I've been in the process of weaning Elijah. We're down to only one nursing session a day now, and we just decided to officially start the process Saturday. I think the way my body is reacting and Elijah's improved mood (and growth!!) are proof that it was definitely time. Not to mention I could use the extra energy for my own immune system. Look how big he is compared to Matt now! We call him "fappy" after he finishes a bottle -- fat and happy. :-)


Some family time last night.

3 comments:

Jaclyn said...

I looooooove the sleeping picture of Elijah!!! AW, I want to meet him... :-( I cannot believe he is almost SIX months old! Where does time go???? And Judah almost 2? Can't believe it!

Hope you feel better... my sickeness has been with me 4 weeks. Yuck.

Love you all!

Kathie said...

has Matt just not been at work so much, due to illness, that he has stopped shaving or is he really going to a beard and mustache???

Indiana Mama said...

I was wondering the same thing Kathy! I can't decide if he looks like Mitch Miller (do you remember him? the follow the bouncing ball man?) or the Frito Bandito!!!

He does look nice with it though. Hope his is as soft as his dad's is after it get a little longer. But until it reaches that stage, it probably cuts Dawns face!!!
(Gosh, Dawn, I hope not for your sake.)

Powered By Blogger