Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Get this...A RANDOM! POST!

At the command of dear Jaclyn, I am taking care of myself today. You should see my apartment -- it's just like the old days when everything is picked up and clean looking. So relaxing! And because I didn't feel it necessary to nap today (say what??), I took a long shower, did a face mask, and am in the process of a minor pedicure. And now I'm going to do a random post. We may not be 100% in health, but I definitely feel like we have our home, our lives, and our routine back. Whew! That took a while...what, about 6 months? And it all started with Elijah's birth...

To answer a few comments on the previous hospital visit post:

~That peach hospital gown was for the birds. There were a couple nurses that just couldn't stand a naked baby (though Elijah loves to be naked). It was the smallest one found, but still too big. I'm glad he drooled all over it quickly. Then I had the "wet" excuse to take it off. I did put real clothes on him a couple times to appease the masses. :-P

~I've had two lumbar punctures and don't think they are the most painful thing I've experienced at all. Uncomfortable, yes. Especially when they hit a nerve and your whole leg jumps. I, too, am glad he won't remember. But, I'd much rather him have it done to rule out meningitis then to let things go... It wasn't our pediatrician that went a little overboard -- it was the ER doctors. But they were just doing their job, making sure Elijah was ok. Bulging soft spots are hard to figure out, I guess.

~Matt and I have often though that Judah and Elijah look WAY different. But last night we browsed some old videos of Judah on YouTube. Oh my WORD! How Elijah looks like Judah when Judah was his age! I hate how much I've forgotten Judah's babyhood. And I'm already losing the vividness of Elijah's newborn days. It hurts, but Praise the Lord for pictures and video, seriously!

~As of last Friday, Elijah weighs a whopping 19 lb 1 oz and Judah 25 lb 9 oz. Wanna start betting on when Elijah will pass up Judah?

We're starting to take measure to get rid of the extreme draftiness of our apartment. Those window insulating kits that include tape and a thin plastic film really do work! You put the tape around the window casing, then apply the film. It's kind of like a celophane. Then you put a hairdryer to it to shrink it taught and get rid of wrinkles. Night and day difference in temperature for the boys' room! We currently have a call in to the guys to come look at our front door. You can see light on several sides when it's shut. One time, I even went to stand by it to breath the drafts to calm my asthma down. It's that drafty. Hopefully they will help because we already tried to insulate it ourselves. You can't nail weatherstripping to a metal door frame. :-P So that's out of our league, now.

Here are some pictures we took when we FIRST got our camera. The painting and Christmas tree pics were taken while I was sitting on the living room couch. This puppy is GOOD at detail!



My adorable birthday flowers present from my mom and my precious Christmas gift from Laura. One still makes me smile, the other melts my heart out my tear ducts. :-D



I mopped today. Yes, I did. Judah helped after I was finished. It was too cute! He just LOVES to do all the grown up things. Give him a toy screwdriver, and he'll still want the real thing. Or he'll just try to use keys instead.



Have a moppy afternoon!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Okay, Annie is 2...and she only weighs 23 lbs. 3oz. I bet Elijah passes her any day now!!!!

Powered By Blogger