So this morning, I decided to "wing" cinnamon rolls. I call them Cinnamon Biscuit Rolls. I had a simple biscuit recipe that we love. Made the dough, spread it with a cinnamon filling concoction, stripped/rolled them, baked 'em, and then iced them. We LOVE LOVE them! They were not as sickenly sweet as regular cinnamon rolls, and the biscuit texture made them much lighter than the typical bread texture. For sure a keeper of a non-recipe recipe!


Then I hemmed a final pair of maternity pants, so hopefully I'll be done with chopping 3 inches off pairs of pants and then hemming them one more inch for a while. Then I went to Michael's to pick up a few things for a special present for Christmas. Wish I could tell you about it and post pictures. I'm so excited...but the recipients read this blog. ;-) While I worked on "it" this afternoon, Matt began working on his Enterprise model ship. It's gonna be so awesome! We're both excited about it! I can't wait until we have a house with an extra room to have an office. I've already told Matt it will be decorated for HIM...and that way we can have a place to display all of his cool models and satiate our futuristic side of style.
Then we went to Blockbuster (rented Center Stage 's cause Matt's never seen it and he said because he loves me, he'd watch a straight up chick flick) and Starbucks. Wanted to order a sugar-free low-fat decaf EGG NOG latte...forgot the sugar-free part. Tasted like it wasn't low-fat. Maybe it even had caffeine. Oh well. It was TASTY anyway! Matt said Center Stage had a good plot and helped it be a good movie even though it was all about dancing. ::sigh:: I love that movie! Totally took me back to high school. After the movie, we just kinda lounged around, read, and now I'm posting quite the detailed un-important post. But I feel like rambling. You obviously felt like reading. So it works out.
Oh, and during brunch and late-lunch, we watched deleted scenes/documentary on our Star Wars III DVD that we got for our date last week. It's amazing how much goes into a 1-minute fighting sequence. And did you know that some of the lava geysers in the fight scene between Obi and Anakin was REAL footage from Mount Etna going off in Italy? Cool.
Is it bad that I'm trying to think of something else to say just so I can keep "talking?" Maybe there was caffeine in that latte. But I had that hours ago. Now I've got indigestion from the hot dogs Matt and I just had as our very-late-dinner/snack. Oh, that's one more thing I can say. I think I've officially discovered that tomato products give me indigestion--from pizza to tomato soup to spaghetti. Tum-tum-tum-tum-TUUUUMS! Speaking of...
Ok fine. I leave you now. ::still thinking of something else to say...::


6 comments:
I sent you a recipe, by e-mail, I hope it doesn't make you to sad. It sounds so delicious:) but it involves garlic, lemon and mashed potatoes. Nonie and I found it in a Southern Living mag. I may try your cinnamon roll biscuts this morning...Hope has a friend over.
I love you,
momma
So you're saying that I am now the only one in our foursome that will eat tomato?
MORE FOR ME! *cookie monster gobble with tomato slices, juice and seeds go everywhere*
mmmm your pictures are making me drool!
I made a sausage and cheese pie thing for breakfast... IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!! We would have made an outstanding brunch together.
Glad you got to spend some good time with your hubbalub.
Paul- No way are you the only one in our foursome to still eat tomato! Indigestion has only stopped me altogether from eating sausage and I cut down on pepperoni a lot. But I can't live without tomato and it's by-products!
Yes, Aut, we would have made a good brunch!
I am glad for your rambling... it gives us all a glimpse into your world! My mom and I tried cinnamon rolls on Christmas one time, umm... they didn't work as well as we would have hoped! Yet they were edible! I think I would like the biscuit texture would be nice! Anyway... We need to chat sometime soon, I'm having withdrawls and dreams about you!!!!
How elegantly you assemble your cinnamon biscuit rolls! I come to your blog to admire your delicate hands! (hee hee)
Post a Comment